Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

Just watched Dresden carry Greenfield down to the wire. 49-47 but Greenfield  pulled it out.  We played about as bad as we can play and still won against a good team. Dresden played well and caused us problems.  8th grader Eddy Darby scored 7 pts and was a spark plug when she played and made 2 clutch free throws with 12 seconds left.  Good job girls.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

28 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Just watched Dresden carry Greenfield down to the wire. 49-47 but Greenfield  pulled it out.  We played about as bad as we can play and still won against a good team. Dresden played well and caused us problems.  8th grader Eddy Darby was a spark plug when she played and made 2 clutch free throws with 12 seconds left.  Good job girls.

Greenfield is very impressive! Hope they didn't have the same officials as in the Gibson Co. -  Peabody game, horrible officiating! 

After their first meeting turned into a blowout, it seems that Greenfield came out about as flat and uninspired as possible. They missed several lay-ups in the first half and should have easily carried a double digit lead into the break. Dresden played hard ( led by 7 early ) and never quit, but they don't have many scorers like past Lady Lions teams. This game will only help Greenfield b/c now it seems everyone is trying to be physical and slow the pace against them. They need these type games to prepare for post season play. District and Regions should be fun!

After seeing a few games recently I am more convinced than ever that single A is wide open in West TN. Huntingdon and Greenfield are top 2 followed very closely by Peabody, Gibson, Dresden, Gleason and TCA. Any of these teams can beat anyone on any given night. With coaches making adjustments on Greenfield I think ur seeing them struggle a little more. One week left 14-A is gonna be interesting with big games left between Gibson, TCA and Peabody. Hope there is some good officiating in the games so the kids can decide who wins. 

I really believe Greenfield is one of the best teams in the state.  Right after the Christmas break, we were clicking on all cylinders and playing our best ball. The girls are all unselfish and play team ball and its fun watching them. 

Two of the last three games we haven't played or shot very well and we still won against good teams.  We were very fortunate to beat Gleason and Dresden on bad shooting nights and they had a lot to do with that.  I still believe in this team and I think we can go a long way with this group of girls. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Just watched the TCA v Peabody game tonight. Thought TCA would avenge their earlier loss to the Lady Pride due to their recent run of wins which included a 30 point route of Middleton at Middleton (VERY HARD TO DO).  Was impressed with Peabody.  They beat TCA despite their best player (Mayberry) having an average game for her and despite Peabody shooting a miserable FT percentage.  They left at least 12-15 points at the line. Very impressed with the Lady Tide!  The will be a team to be reconed with!

You're correct Bullshark. Got to see the Lady Tide play yesterday vs. #2 team in the state Greenfield at 2 pm after a tough game vs. TCA Friday night and very impressed with the way Peabody played. Had chances to beat Greenfield. It was a game of big runs by both teams. Peabody up late in 2nd quarter and Greenfield went on a big run to close the half up 4 or 6 cause of foul trouble by Peabody. Another run in 3rd by Greenfield put them up double digits but pressure defense by Peabody caused Greenfield to turn it over a ton and got Peabody back to within 2pts in the 4th with chances to tie. One thing I see with Peabody is when their first 6 get in foul trouble and have to sit and freshmen come in to play it costs them big time. Cost them vs. GC and Greenfield yesterday. I noticed about Greenfield also that if Chloe doesn't have the ball in her hand vs. pressure they will turn it over a ton. Both 2 good teams hope to see them way down the road meet in the region championship. I think they are both the best in each District. 

4 hours ago, BABABA said:

You're correct Bullshark. Got to see the Lady Tide play yesterday vs. #2 team in the state Greenfield at 2 pm after a tough game vs. TCA Friday night and very impressed with the way Peabody played. Had chances to beat Greenfield. It was a game of big runs by both teams. Peabody up late in 2nd quarter and Greenfield went on a big run to close the half up 4 or 6 cause of foul trouble by Peabody. Another run in 3rd by Greenfield put them up double digits but pressure defense by Peabody caused Greenfield to turn it over a ton and got Peabody back to within 2pts in the 4th with chances to tie. One thing I see with Peabody is when their first 6 get in foul trouble and have to sit and freshmen come in to play it costs them big time. Cost them vs. GC and Greenfield yesterday. I noticed about Greenfield also that if Chloe doesn't have the ball in her hand vs. pressure they will turn it over a ton. Both 2 good teams hope to see them way down the road meet in the region championship. I think they are both the best in each District. 

Once Greenfield went up big ( 60-43 ) at the end of the third quarter the game was pretty much over. The refs tried to help Peabody stay within striking distance though. I find it strange that with Peabody's aggressive pressure defense the foul count was 14-4 in their favor until they had to start fouling Greenfield late in the contest. 

I knew you'd have a reply Cradle lol. Largest lead I remember was 14, 54-40 at the end of 3. Peabody cut it to 6 quickly. Fouls were against Peabody first half and against Greenfield second half. Greenfield presses entire game just like Peabody and had trouble containing Peabody is why I thought they got in a little foul trouble in the second half. Thought it was a good called game, let the kids play and decide the game. If the game was over in the 3rd, it sure got close in the 4th lol. 

The Region tournament is going to be outstanding!  Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, Gibson County, TCA, and Peabody.  All of these teams could get hot and make a run.  Good news is that Region 8 is super weak and most likely 2 of these 6 will play in the Boro.  Who you got?

I will go chalk on Greenfield and go out on a limb and take Peabody as the other.