Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

31 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Goodbye Gleason.

Goodbye Clarkrange

Watched Huntingtondon tonight. If they only play 6 or 7 Wednesday night, they will be very tired. Pressure d and run em. When they get tired of running, they gonna run some more. Stown v Huntingtondon is gonna be a good one.

I hope you can outrebound them because that seems to be their biggest weapon... they’re bigger than everyone out here and have enough offensively to beat teams.

46 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I hope you can outrebound them because that seems to be their biggest weapon... they’re bigger than everyone out here and have enough offensively to beat teams.

They wont be any bigger in the post than Summertown. It seemed to me that Loretto rebounded very well with them. What lost the game for Loretto was when they changed their offense in the 2nd qtr. They started waiting for the double team on the perimeter before they would try to run anything and had 7 unforced turnovers and scored only 2 points. Huntingtondon should have gone home with a L tonight. Last second shot rimmed out.

18 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

They wont be any bigger in the post than Summertown. It seemed to me that Loretto rebounded very well with them. What lost the game for Loretto was when they changed their offense in the 2nd qtr. They started waiting for the double team on the perimeter before they would try to run anything and had 7 unforced turnovers and scored only 2 points. Huntingtondon should have gone home with a L tonight. Last second shot rimmed out.

Seven unforced turnovers..... sounds a lot like what they did to teams out here. They don't do anything fancy, but their size is definitely an advantage for them.

2 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Goodbye Gleason.

Goodbye Clarkrange

Watched Huntingtondon tonight. If they only play 6 or 7 Wednesday night, they will be very tired. Pressure d and run em. When they get tired of running, they gonna run some more. Stown v Huntingtondon is gonna be a good one.

#45 who I think is our 4th best player and our back-up post who is very effective never saw the floor tonight. We have great depth just don't use it. Two of our top four players don't start. #24 can break the sound barrier but doesn't start. Think the Fillies match up well with Summertown. Should be an interesting game.

31 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

#45 who I think is our 4th best player and our back-up post who is very effective never saw the floor tonight. We have great depth just don't use it. Two of our top four players don't start. #24 can break the sound barrier but doesn't start. Think the Fillies match up well with Summertown. Should be an interesting game.

Let's just say this Loretto defense had something to do with Huntingdon scoring tonight.  They did not handle the pressure very well.  Loretto is not a great scoring team, but they can play defense.  I think #45 would have and #24 had trouble with the matchup Loretto put out there on them.  If you let Huntingdon push the ball without pressure or let them run their half court offense without pressure they'll score.  Loretto did not let them get comfortable.   Summertown will test what I'm talking about.  They have very good man to man.  Good lucky to both teams.  They both deserve to be where they are at.  Both will be in the Glass House in my opinion.

Edited by gogold

6 minutes ago, gogold said:

Let's just say this Loretto defense had something to do with Huntingdon scoring tonight.  They did not handle the pressure very well.  Loretto is not a great scoring team, but they can play defense.  I think #45 would have and #24 had trouble with the matchup Loretto put out there on them.  If you let Huntingdon push the ball without pressure or let them run their half court offense without pressure they'll score.  Loretto did not let them get comfortable.   Summertown will test what I'm talking about.  They have very good man to man.

Love your coach. Fillies may be in the market for a new coach next year. Huntingdon is a lovely town with a lot to offer. Wonder if she would be interested. Lots of talent coming back. Lol

19 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Come on over to District 6A and you’ll be able to see what color they are. There’s over 20 gold balls in this district. That’s what we play for :)

It would be great for Pickett Co to win another Gold Ball. Six is a nice round number! And the district does not have 20. Clarkrange 8; Jackson Co 8; Pickett Co 5;  Clay Co 1...that is 22 and they have a bunch of Silver Balls. 

Edited by bobcatfan300
Add to it

10 hours ago, BullShark said:

And the gold ball goes to Pickett County!  So says ucsportsfan.  Who will be the runner up.

That all depends on the seedings.  I think Summertown and Greenfield have a shot at the silver although i have not been able to watch them play like i thought i would.  No one out of East Tn is making any noise all the talk is about West Tn this year and ofcourse District 6A.  What about..... Clay County??

Just sayin.......