Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

bobcatfan300

Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, myteamsonthefloor said:

 To even question whether Bruce is an excellent coach or not shows how little some of the posters on here know. To narrow the body of work he compiled as a head coach into 2-3 games is a ridiculous argument. Evèry school he has been at but maybe 1 has gotten to at least the sectional. You have never had to coach against him, I have. You better bring your A+ game. 

I know a lot of excellent coaches who never win a district or make the state, the reality check is that it is hard to make it to state no matter what the expectations or where you coach. He is one of the best at 3 key things: 1. player development, 2. Game prep. and 3. In game coaching. He doesnt always win every game, but he doesn't have many where he is out of it.

Awful touchy when it comes to slatten.  Interesting.   All I was trying to say is that taking MC out of the picture for state because slatten is gone is not fair to the girls or the new coach.  Experience can make a difference but obviously, his inability to take the previous MC teams past substate proves that.  In fact, maybe you should look at where this same group of girls ended the last year he was there.  I'm just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, Imjustsayinandplayin said:

Awful touchy when it comes to slatten.  Interesting.   All I was trying to say is that taking MC out of the picture for state because slatten is gone is not fair to the girls or the new coach.  Experience can make a difference but obviously, his inability to take the previous MC teams past substate proves that.  In fact, maybe you should look at where this same group of girls ended the last year he was there.  I'm just sayin'

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Slatten win a state championship as the head coach of Perry County boys?  Say what you want but Moore Co. would have been much better off had they kept him and told “daddy” to take a seat in the stands and be a fan or go somewhere else. Just my two cents worth.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2017 at 9:00 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Slatten win a state championship as the head coach of Perry County boys?  Say what you want but Moore Co. would have been much better off had they kept him and told “daddy” to take a seat in the stands and be a fan or go somewhere else. Just my two cents worth.....

You are absolutely correct. He won state at Perry County with an unbeaten record (I believe they went 37-0 but that would have to be verified). He led that team with Kirk Haston (now coaching Perry County boys and Chris Jones to the ultimate pinnacle. It was not easy to manage those two talents, I can assure you. He turned Haston into a 3 year starter at Indiana. He then led some really good Culleoka boys teams as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 3:50 PM, attila said:

Moore County should win the whole thing. They may not lose looking at their schedule during the regular season. The upper Cumberland teams will be much better than the teams they will face during the year but they are better than Pickett, Clarkrange and JC this year. All seniors and the best team in southern middle Tn this year.

Dont look now but Moore County has a big date coming up December 28th AT the Eagles Nest in Summertown. I wouldnt count that as a win just yet. Remember what happened last time MC came to Stown....just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 2:22 PM, Play 4 Fun said:

 

Yeah...I realize that. Seen it. However, Lakelyn was ill that night and fouled out in the third quarter. I am not saying the game was close as it was 20 when she fouled out and likely would have stayed there, but it wasn't like PC knew we would be able to waltz in there and roll. 

 

Now, the same VB team beat Jackson County the very next year...So, my statement stands as I said before stands, the new substate matchup with Moore County's region will be much tougher than it has been for the UC teams (with the exception of the Bouldin led teams her last two years). 

That was a Jackson County team that Pickett County had just beaten 61-20!!! Van Buren barely squeaked by them. Your statement fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, Vandychris said:

Dont look now but Moore County has a big date coming up December 28th AT the Eagles Nest in Summertown. I wouldnt count that as a win just yet. Remember what happened last time MC came to Stown....just saying

That will be an interesting game.  I guess we will see if 1 player makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 5:00 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

That was a Jackson County team that Pickett County had just beaten 61-20!!! Van Buren barely squeaked by them. Your statement fails.

No, the statement stands as said. Anyone with half a brain and ONE eye knows Jim Brown didn't have a chance to beat Pickett that night and did't do anything/show anything to keep it close...knowing that it was possible they could meet again in Murfreesboro. 

 

Coach Smith done the same thing in 2009 when Pickett beat Jackson in the region semis go home game. Pickett lost two weeks prior in their last regular season meeting 84-44 or something similar to that. It was never close. 

 

If you go to comparing scores, you won't win any argument here. I promise. Matches dictate that. Anyone that thinks Van Buren wasn't an extremely talented opponent that year has lost their mind (also look up that Jackson had beat VB twice in regular season as well). Lakelyn Bouldin makes any team a capable opponent. Its naive to think otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

No, the statement stands as said. Anyone with half a brain and ONE eye knows Jim Brown didn't have a chance to beat Pickett that night and did't do anything/show anything to keep it close...knowing that it was possible they could meet again in Murfreesboro. 

 

Coach Smith done the same thing in 2009 when Pickett beat Jackson in the region semis go home game. Pickett lost two weeks prior in their last regular season meeting 84-44 or something similar to that. It was never close. 

 

If you go to comparing scores, you won't win any argument here. I promise. Matches dictate that. Anyone that thinks Van Buren wasn't an extremely talented opponent that year has lost their mind (also look up that Jackson had beat VB twice in regular season as well). Lakelyn Bouldin makes any team a capable opponent. Its naive to think otherwise. 

Also want to point out that Lakelyn made Preseason all Conference team at UTC.  Should have a breakout Sophomore Campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, gomocs0811 said:

Also want to point out that Lakelyn made Preseason all Conference team at UTC.  Should have a breakout Sophomore Campaign.

 

Exactly. And the night Pickett routed them there in the substate, she kept em in it for as long as she could. Had dang near 30 and fouled out before the end of the third quarter. 

The next year as a senior, they returned that entire roster so it wasn't like that was an easy opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Vandychris said:

You are absolutely correct. He won state at Perry County with an unbeaten record (I believe they went 37-0 but that would have to be verified). He led that team with Kirk Haston (now coaching Perry County boys and Chris Jones to the ultimate pinnacle. It was not easy to manage those two talents, I can assure you. He turned Haston into a 3 year starter at Indiana. He then led some really good Culleoka boys teams as well.

You're totally correct Chris. Slatten is a great coach and even great person. Perry County has one of the best girl ball players in this area. Surprising no one is talking about her. She averaged 20 points per game and has over 1300 points in her career and could hit the 2,000 mark at seasons end. But in my opinion I think Summertown is the best team in this area by far. Got a lot of great shooters and these girls go 100% each game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, gomocs0811 said:

Also want to point out that Lakelyn made Preseason all Conference team at UTC.  Should have a breakout Sophomore Campaign.

95-65 plus all the excuses you can come up with...61-20 with all the excuses you cam come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

You're totally correct Chris. Slatten is a great coach and even great person. Perry County has one of the best girl ball players in this area. Surprising no one is talking about her. She averaged 20 points per game and has over 1300 points in her career and could hit the 2,000 mark at seasons end. But in my opinion I think Summertown is the best team in this area by far. Got a lot of great shooters and these girls go 100% each game.

I have to say between SHS, Loretto, and Perry County, district 12A is goingto be very fun to watch this year.....Will have to meet up in Summertown when yall come over there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×