Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
bobcatfan300

Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

Recommended Posts

Huntingdon was very fortunate to win that game. Greenfield led for most of the game and was up 7 with two minutes to play. Instead of killing some time, they took some ill-advised shots and Huntingdon,  being the good team they are, took full advantage (good coaching). The Swenson kid had a career night (according to some HHS fans) and even then Greenfield missed TWO lay-ups in the last five seconds of regulation AND missed the last shot of the first overtime. That game made Greenfield alot better b/c in the 2nd game, after leading the entire game, they closed it out strong. That loss was a good one b/c they've made adjustments and improved.

Vandychris, nobody can guarantee a gold ball for any district right now, there's lots of basketball left to be played by everyone, AND THEY'RE ALL HUNGRY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Did you see the defensive number they put on Chynia Brooks at Perry County on Tuesday night? Held her to 8 and had a running clock in the 4th qtr. Summertown can play some defensive basketball for sure. For anyone thinking it is a done deal that district 7 is getting a gold ball hasnt done their homework. In 20 games, Summertown has had 8-9 different leading scorers and 2 of those came off the bench. They are deep and HUNGRY.

Write it down 6A the old (7A) will put both teams in the championship game. Pickett vs Clarkrange. I have no doubt Summertown will be a tough out but these two teams are just that good. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Write it down 6A the old (7A) will put both teams in the championship game. Pickett vs Clarkrange. I have no doubt Summertown will be a tough out but these two teams are just that good. 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Write it down 6A the old (7A) will put both teams in the championship game. Pickett vs Clarkrange. I have no doubt Summertown will be a tough out but these two teams are just that good. 

Don’t be fooled... Darby and Moore are 2 of the top 5 players in Single A basketball regardless of grade. One of the two SHOULD be up for Miss Basketball this year. You don’t have to believe me now, but once you see them in Murfreesboro, you’ll believe me then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Don’t be fooled... Darby and Moore are 2 of the top 5 players in Single A basketball regardless of grade. One of the two SHOULD be up for Miss Basketball this year. You don’t have to believe me now, but once you see them in Murfreesboro, you’ll believe me then.

I know you to be a very good evaluator of talent so I am sure they are. You need to watch the two freshman twins for Clarkrange. They are special and you know I don’t throw that word around very much.  Who else is coming to Murfreesboro from over your way besides Summertown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I know you to be a very good evaluator of talent so I am sure they are. You need to watch the two freshman twins for Clarkrange. They are special and you know I don’t throw that word around very much.  Who else is coming to Murfreesboro from over your way besides Summertown?

I’ve seen the twins, and they’re both very good. Good enough to help Clarkrange to a state championship.

From West TN, in my opinion, the two top teams are Greenfield and Huntingdon. But that’s not saying much. The Single A teams out here are pretty even, with the exception of Greenfield. I feel they’re a bit better than the rest of the teams out here. Gibson Co, Dresden, Gleason, Peabody, TCA, Middleton are teams that have a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I’ve seen the twins, and they’re both very good. Good enough to help Clarkrange to a state championship.

From West TN, in my opinion, the two top teams are Greenfield and Huntingdon. But that’s not saying much. The Single A teams out here are pretty even, with the exception of Greenfield. I feel they’re a bit better than the rest of the teams out here. Gibson Co, Dresden, Gleason, Peabody, TCA, Middleton are teams that have a chance.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

+1

+2  wish I could have seen the two (Huntingdon and Greenfield) go at it.  Greenfield looked impressive tonight.  Moore and Darby may just be both finalists for Miss Basketball.  They are both the Real Deal!

GC,

I have seen ya'll play on several occasions, and if you can stay away from Greenfield till the finals, you could make it to the Boro as well.  IMO, Region 7 will have two teams in the Boro.... Greenfield and ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, GCPioneer said:

Don’t be fooled... Darby and Moore are 2 of the top 5 players in Single A basketball regardless of grade. One of the two SHOULD be up for Miss Basketball this year. You don’t have to believe me now, but once you see them in Murfreesboro, you’ll believe me then.

GC, I respect your opinion on girls basketball and totally agree with you. I have not seen the twins from Clark Range yet but I do believe Greenfield will have the best two players on the floor regardless of who they play this year. Both Tess (33 pts)  & Chloe (35 pts) have dominated good teams by themselves but the combination of them both is really awesome for a Class A team and whats really awesome is they are just sophomores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 11:10 AM, Greenfieldfan said:

GC, I respect your opinion on girls basketball and totally agree with you. I have not seen the twins from Clark Range yet but I do believe Greenfield will have the best two players on the floor regardless of who they play this year. Both Tess (33 pts)  & Chloe (35 pts) have dominated good teams by themselves but the combination of them both is really awesome for a Class A team and whats really awesome is they are just sophomores.

It will be interesting to see how they matchup against the powers from (7A) I know it’s supposed to be 6A but I can’t wrap my head around that just yet. Pickett County has the best player in Class A in Pritchett in my opinion but Clarkrange has the two freshman twins along with a very good shooting guard in the Bush girl who is playing her best ball this year and two big post players.  Both of these teams have been to the state tournament the past two years and I look for both to be back this year as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, UCSportsFan said:

I know you to be a very good evaluator of talent so I am sure they are. You need to watch the two freshman twins for Clarkrange. They are special and you know I don’t throw that word around very much.  Who else is coming to Murfreesboro from over your way besides Summertown?

The twins are very good, they cause a lot of problems on both sides of the ball. They do not appear to get tired very easily

Edited by NotsoFast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenfield's one major weakness that could hurt them and I'll tie these two together: Depth/foul trouble. But that's just small nitpicking.

Edited by dmm88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...