Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Nobody should be overlooked at this point. We play Union City tonight and they are always big and physical and have my respect. No "cake walks" moving forward. Lots of good teams around here. Huntingdon is a good team. Greenfield is another good one. Whoever gets hot and handles the pressure and adversity will have a chance moving forward to make a serious run. 

Agree.  Guard play is the key in the post season.  You have to be able to handle pressure because it is amplified this time of year.  If you have one solid guard that can handle the rock, you have a chance, if you have two and any sort of post presence, start searching for hotels in the Boro.  The Fillies fit the latter. 

On 2/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, Croppygenius said:

If anyone is being overlooked it's the Huntingdon Fillies, 22-1 with lone loss being a great Greenfield team which schooled us. Beat Gleason and Gibson Co both 3 times. Dresden scared to play us. We're tall and fast and capable of beating anybody if we figure it out and get hot.

I don't think anyone is overlooking Huntingdon, it seems most people are picking Summertown to win the Region, but both teams will most likely get to state.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, Croppygenius said:

If anyone is being overlooked it's the Huntingdon Fillies, 22-1 with lone loss being a great Greenfield team which schooled us. Beat Gleason and Gibson Co both 3 times. Dresden scared to play us. We're tall and fast and capable of beating anybody if we figure it out and get hot.

Dresden scared to play Huntingdon??? That is the most delusional statement on this whole thread lol You might wanna talk to Ferris about that. Pretty sure he was the one that wouldn’t put Dresden in the schedule. Your district is soft at best...be glad Dresden and Gleason got moved or you would most likely be traveling tonight

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Dresden scared to play Huntingdon??? That is the most delusional statement on this whole thread lol You might wanna talk to Ferris about that. Pretty sure he was the one that wouldn’t put Dresden in the schedule. Your district is soft at best...be glad Dresden and Gleason got moved or you would most likely be traveling tonight

Neutral party here....  I doubt either side is scared to play the other.  Most likely, dates could not be worked out between the 2 schools given the district schedule.  The only west tn team that is scared to play another team is South Gibson.  They refuse to schedule Gibson County because it would be too embarrassing to get throttled by a school half their size.  That being said, Allvolhere, you are correct that Huntingdon's district is soft.  In fact, it is beyond soft.  It is non-existent outside of Huntingdon.  But I disagree that Huntingdon would be travelling if Dresden and gleason were in their district. Huntingdon only has one loss on their record and it was to Greenfield (#2 in the state).  However, they did  beat Greenfield AT Greenfield and beat Gleason AT Gleason as well as beating GC at home and away this season.  Dresden is good but would have a hard time matching up size-wise with Huntingdon.  In addition, I would have to give the guard play advantage to Huntingdon.  We may just see this matchup in the Boro so our disagreement  may just be settled on the floor. 

57 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Neutral party here....  I doubt either side is scared to play the other.  Most likely, dates could not be worked out between the 2 schools given the district schedule.  The only west tn team that is scared to play another team is South Gibson.  They refuse to schedule Gibson County because it would be too embarrassing to get throttled by a school half their size.  That being said, Allvolhere, you are correct that Huntingdon's district is soft.  In fact, it is beyond soft.  It is non-existent outside of Huntingdon.  But I disagree that Huntingdon would be travelling if Dresden and gleason were in their district. Huntingdon only has one loss on their record and it was to Greenfield (#2 in the state).  However, they did  beat Greenfield AT Greenfield and beat Gleason AT Gleason as well as beating GC at home and away this season.  Dresden is good but would have a hard time matching up size-wise with Huntingdon.  In addition, I would have to give the guard play advantage to Huntingdon.  We may just see this matchup in the Boro so our disagreement  may just be settled on the floor. 

So Bullshark Htown drops Dresden to pickup Greenfield but keeps Gleason.....Makes no sense as big a rivalry as that brings. I was also referring if Huntingdon was in Region 7. I personally think Dresden matches up better to them than viseversa. Htown guards couldnt get the ball down the floor playing Greenfield on their homecourt and their post play soft. I just don't see them stopping Dresden’s posts. 

6 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Better check your sources. I was told Dresden refused to play the Fillies by our athletic director. We need to play every year great rivalry. We beat Gleason by 25 last time we played. I wish we were playing in Jackson this week. I hate being a middle Tennessee team. Our regional is in Lawrenceburg. Fillies would love to mix it up with y'all this week win or lose.

6 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Don't look now but 12A made a statement tonight about 11A. Weak weak weak district. Only 1 team from 11A advances to Lawrenceburg. McKenzie loses at home to 3rd place Perry County. 

We had a great district last year with Gleason and Dresden. Then the tssaa decided Huntingdon is in middle Tennessee now. It's not right to make us give up our traditional rivalries especially in football. We don't feel very welcomed when we cross the river. We should be playing at Trinity!