Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

Clarkrange won 69-60.  I wasn't there but i  was told the freshman twins for Clarkrange are the real deal.  I'm definitely surprised that Clarkrange was able to go into Pickett County and win the game.  These two teams will met 4 more times this year and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top as the season goes.  I realize to meet 5 times in one year would mean they meet in the district/region and state finals.....

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange won 69-60.  I wasn't there but i  was told the freshman twins for Clarkrange are the real deal.  I'm definitely surprised that Clarkrange was able to go into Pickett County and win the game.  These two teams will met 4 more times this year and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top as the season goes.  I realize to meet 5 times in one year would mean they meet in the district/region and state finals.....

Both CR teams (boys and girls) seemed to want these games more. They both played hard and they will give many teams fits this year.

Edited by CASC95

On 12/12/2017 at 11:36 PM, CASC95 said:

Both CR teams (boys and girls) seemed to want these games more. They both played hard and they will give many teams fits this year.

I’d love to watch Clarkrange play Cumberland County but I doubt they’ll be any seats in that tiny gym. Does anyone know if there is any discussion about building a new high school or gymnasium up there?  

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’d love to watch Clarkrange play Cumberland County but I doubt they’ll be any seats in that tiny gym. Does anyone know if there is any discussion about building a new high school or gymnasium up there?  

Already played them lost by 6 after being down by 27. As for a new school or gym, don't see that in the near future... But hey you never know if their is ever a change in the director of school board.. 

I watched a really good game last night between Greenfield and Gleason. Both teams are solid contenders for a spot in Murfreesboro. Greenfield won 64-49 because Gleason had no answer for sophomore PG Chloe Moore ( 33 points ). The height/size of Moore and Tess Darby was a problem for Gleason all night. Jayden Green had a good game for Gleason but didn't get alot of help from her supporting cast. I think both teams will give people fits in the post season.

I'll be at the Westview game tomorrow ( 12/16 ) to watch them play Union City. The Chargers are the most complete team in West Tn by far. Other than the Nike tournament in Arizona, they should roll through the regular season. 

7 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

I watched a really good game last night between Greenfield and Gleason. Both teams are solid contenders for a spot in Murfreesboro. Greenfield won 64-49 because Gleason had no answer for sophomore PG Chloe Moore ( 33 points ). The height/size of Moore and Tess Darby was a problem for Gleason all night. Jayden Green had a good game for Gleason but didn't get alot of help from her supporting cast. I think both teams will give people fits in the post season.

I'll be at the Westview game tomorrow ( 12/16 ) to watch them play Union City. The Chargers are the most complete team in West Tn by far. Other than the Nike tournament in Arizona, they should roll through the regular season. 

I was at the same game and agree with you.  Gleason struggled to handle the two sophomores, however Gleason will be a tough out in the post season because of Green in the back court.  Unless they matchup in the Region semis, both have a great shot at substate and a state tourney appearance.

On December 16, 2017 at 1:42 AM, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Also attended this game. Tournament atmosphere! Greenfield up by 15 at end of 1st qt. Game pretty even the rest of the way. Greenfield improved since they played the Fillies. Moore was on a different level than I've seen her. She drained some NBA threes ! Darby had to sit a big portion of the game with fouls. Impressive win by Greenfield. When Moore plays at this level the jackets are gonna be hard to beat.

13 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Also attended this game. Tournament atmosphere! Greenfield up by 15 at end of 1st qt. Game pretty even the rest of the way. Greenfield improved since they played the Fillies. Moore was on a different level than I've seen her. She drained some NBA threes ! Darby had to sit a big portion of the game with fouls. Impressive win by Greenfield. When Moore plays at this level the jackets are gonna be hard to beat.

True that, Croppy!  I am looking for Greenfield to make a deep run.  Their depth is a major concern, but barring Moore and Darby getting in foul trouble, I will take them every time!

Go Jackets!