Harriman gets Snubbed

Swipes

I didnt call him a phenom I called him an unselfish teammate. How many GCA games have you seen in last four years? I saw over 120.

He couldnt even walk the weekend before state. His ankle was swollen like a grapefruit from injuring it in practice the Friday before stare. He wasnt 100% and if you are a guru then you should know good players and that every player is different .Its a game of peaks and vallleys. Players and teams are suppose to play OFF and WITH each other because of those differences.

As far as toughness, he had needles in his ankle Monday and Tuesday before Humboldt just to be able to go play and I doubt even his teammates knew that. We didnt need more toughness we needed more defense and 3 pointers vs Clay County and it just didnt happen. But we played soft defense all year as a team, So that was are achilles hill.

Ledford is a great player. He will really be something in two more years. And yes he had a great state tournament and seaon. Should be in the running for sophomore of the year in Prep Xtra.

And for the record the only offer Connor has to worry about is the offer to accept God s plan and love in his life and do his best everyday to share that in public. We will keep the others confidential and trust in him. I am proud of his career and proud of him. And proud of the grace team. They have accomplished a lot together. Just couldn't win it all as a team and yea that hurt....life goes on.

Anybody that saw more than a game or 2 knows how much of a key piece Connor was to this team. I hate to hear about the injury and him not getting to play at full health during the state tournament.

That last paragraph says it all. Having his priorities in order is what counts in the end.

Edited by KnoxMoJo

Saw Connor twice. He'll play Division 3 ball or NAIA.

He has higher offers than that in hand both scholarship and walk on. Saw him twice huh? ......LOL. But even if D3 or NAIA what a blessing, right?

His older brother just played 4 years at Centre College (football) and that was a great experiance!

I wasn't being negative at all. Not every kid gets to play after high school. D 3 or NAIA was just my opinion!!

No sir, I did not take it that way. I took your statement as a compliment. To play at any level is a blessing. However, it is hard for anyone to evaluate any kid on just 2 looks?

Most coaches need 3-5 full game films and/or 5-10 in person looks to form a solid opinion. Too many variables, injury, sickness, bad game whatever....

Thats what is most fair to all the student athletes not just mine.

But I do believe Coaches can spend 15 minutes on a kids twitter or instagram and tell you if They would want them or not as a team member 😉 For sure, I have heard it from them as an AAU coordinator.

I'm pretty sure your guys will take that state championship any over some individual awards that done mean anything In the big picture Individual awards are other peoples opinion state championship is EARNED

Agree with that 😢 It was there for the taking and we missed it. But Harriman went and got it