GCA 2017 - A New Era

gcapride

When this game got scheduled my first thoughts were the 91-7 game  between Alcoa and Gatlinburg Pittman in 2005.  I believed that was somebody's going away present that shouldn't have been at the controls at the time.  As time passed and all the fumbling around for a coach turned into a living nightmare for some of us that enjoy Ram Football.  I knew as time passed and I seen Alcoa in three scrimmages and the big turn around I witnessed in the Hampton  game a few weeks ago we could at least make this a respectable ballgame.  I'll take a 30-14 loss against Alcoa  in a heartbeat considering we were a 6-6 2A team 10 months ago playing the defending 3A champion tonight with a new coach that has been on board less than 5 months. RB has done a great job so far and look forward to the future.

Edited by BarneySox2007

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When this game got scheduled my first thoughts were the 91-7 game  between Alcoa and Gatlinburg Pittman in 2005.  I believed that was somebody's going away present that shouldn't have been at the controls at the time.  As time passed and all the fumbling around for a coach turned into a living nightmare for some of us that enjoy Ram Football.  I knew as time passed and I seen Alcoa in three scrimmages and the big turn around I witnessed in the Hampton  game a few weeks ago we could at least make this a respectable ballgame.  I'll take a 30-14 loss against Alcoa  in a heartbeat considering we were a 6-6 2A team 10 months ago playing the defending 3A champion tonight with a new coach that has been on board less than 5 months. RB has done a great job so far and look forward to the future.

CRB will make the Rams Winners fast!

Great Coach, great offensive system!

On 8/17/2017 at 7:39 AM, FootballDad said:

Hey BC...long time no talkie.  My first time back on the "T" in about 5 years!  I will try and find you at the game tonight if you are coming.  

I was great to see my `ol buddy FootballDad! :D 

CRB picked some fine young men to help with the Ram program!

Best of luck to them!

I was looking forward to watching the replay last night when I got home from the game because I couldn't see some of the stuff from where I was at but after watching that I'm sure glad I went now. Not sure what happened but when it got dark you could barely see anything until the last play of the third quarter.  I feel sorry for anyone that had to watch from home last night. The only person I know of that wouldn't have been disappointed watching that would have been Stevie Wonder.  My goodness you work out the bugs the night before the game on audio equipment, not during the game itself.

12 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I was great to see my `ol buddy FootballDad! :D 

CRB picked some fine young men to help with the Ram program!

Best of luck to them!

Great to see you too BC...kind of felt like old times.  I will pass along the "fine young men" compliments to the two former Warriors helping CRB.  They are acclimating to having the "G" on their gear, but excited to still be involved in football and hopefully having a positive influence on other young men.  Good luck to your Tornadoes this year, they have a long and proud tradition to uphold.  Good to see that the Alcoa faithful still travel well to support their team.