GCA 2017 - A New Era

gcapride

9 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

All I see on the threads about Div 2 AA East teams are Webb, CAK and ND. These teams are good, no doubt. It's good to see that people are overlooking the Rams this year. Going to be fun seeing the hard work the team has put in pay off on the field this year. A veteran group of players with one of the best coaching staffs in the state in any division and most VFL's as coaches. 

The Rams will make some noise this year and turn some heads. I have no doubt that Rusty's Rowdies will exceed the expectations that other Div 2 AA teams have for us. Go Rams

Hope all Div2AA East teams stay healthy this year.

I agree, friend. Our team is coming into form and will be very exciting to watch. Thankful for a great staff to lead our young men, on and off the field. 

As as far as the troll goes, we get to spend as much or as little as we want to. Players will find their way here because the name on the top of the HC's door. That doesn't take money. That's built on his reputation. What an incredible football mind. 

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

I agree, friend. Our team is coming into form and will be very exciting to watch. Thankful for a great staff to lead our young men, on and off the field. 

As as far as the troll goes, we get to spend as much or as little as we want to. Players will find their way here because the name on the top of the HC's door. That doesn't take money. That's built on his reputation. What an incredible football mind. 

And, I'm most thankful the HC is an even better person! So glad my son gets to play for him two years. No matter what follows high school, I know he will be a better young man for it.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You girls got a game this week??Geez do I have to start your topics too??

Careful buddy! Most of us "girls" have to work two jobs to pay for that Christian education our munchkins are getting. We aren't like the hot shots out west hanging out at the country club on the weekends. They're obviously loaded seeing how they've been paying the local "experts" for all that pub they've been getting. 

You will get quite the kick out of a certain set of pics I've seen today......ole Pride went down and paid Booger and that funky cat a visit this weekend. I have pics of him at ND and Boyd's fields all dressed up in his GCA approved attire. I'm sure he was down there praying for them. It probably had more to do with the "boss" nixing the trip to Quail Hollow to watch golf on their anniversary weekend. Then again, knowing his negotiation skills, they'll be there for the final round tomorrow!

Oh yeah, you asked about a game this week.....I don't know. I did hear there was a chance for some nasty stuff, maybe tornado activity, in Karns on Thursday night. That is, if they didn't throw in the towel for the season after getting rolled by your Kees this weekend. I'm guessing they'll blow into town....should be interesting.

10 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Careful buddy! Most of us "girls" have to work two jobs to pay for that Christian education our munchkins are getting. We aren't like the hot shots out west hanging out at the country club on the weekends. They're obviously loaded seeing how they've been paying the local "experts" for all that pub they've been getting. 

You will get quite the kick out of a certain set of pics I've seen today......ole Pride went down and paid Booger and that funky cat a visit this weekend. I have pics of him at ND and Boyd's fields all dressed up in his GCA approved attire. I'm sure he was down there praying for them. It probably had more to do with the "boss" nixing the trip to Quail Hollow to watch golf on their anniversary weekend. Then again, knowing his negotiation skills, they'll be there for the final round tomorrow!

Oh yeah, you asked about a game this week.....I don't know. I did hear there was a chance for some nasty stuff, maybe tornado activity, in Karns on Thursday night. That is, if they didn't throw in the towel for the season after getting rolled by your Kees this weekend. I'm guessing they'll blow into town....should be interesting.

Nice!

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm starting to see a better ballgame than I did at the first of the year. I've seen both teams in scrimmages and GCA's strong point is actually Alcoa's weak point.  I won't say no more other than it should be very interesting game and can't wait to Thursday Night.

After watching GB throw on Alcoa I am somewhat agreeing with you. Alcoa will win with physicality in the end.

17 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Seen those pics.Gee whiz he should have been a politician!Brown nosing all them fellow sweatervesters.They probably bought him some new Sperry's and a bow tie.

I must say that Ram Nation is very blessed to have been able to hire a coach of the caliber of Rusty Bradley.  He was the perfect hire.  Not only because of his meticulous practices, detailed schedules and genius offensive schemes, but because he does things the right way.  People may still choose to have ill will towards the Rams based on past indiscretions, but that should eventually disappear when they see how Rusty runs his program...clean and competitive.  Additionally, having his father Mark Bradley coaching the offensive line is an incredible bonus. Mark is the best offensive line coach I have ever witnessed in TN high school football.  Trey Smith, USJ, and now at UT, will be much more prepared to start as a freshman after having been coached by Mark for a year and the Ram's offensive line will benefit greatly from his vast experience.  Rusty was also able to add a couple of his former CAK players to his staff to help instill his system more quickly.  However, I caution Ram fans not to have overly high expectations this first year or two.  Your schedule looks pretty brutal to me.  After years of watching the Wing T you will have fun watching the Spread-Coast offense throw the ball all over the field and I believe you will certainly win some games.  Be patient.  Support the team and I believe you will have some successful years coming to you in the near future. Good luck to the Rams this Thursday.  

3 hours ago, FootballDad said:

I must say that Ram Nation is very blessed to have been able to hire a coach of the caliber of Rusty Bradley.  He was the perfect hire.  Not only because of his meticulous practices, detailed schedules and genius offensive schemes, but because he does things the right way.  People may still choose to have ill will towards the Rams based on past indiscretions, but that should eventually disappear when they see how Rusty runs his program...clean and competitive.  Additionally, having his father Mark Bradley coaching the offensive line is an incredible bonus. Mark is the best offensive line coach I have ever witnessed in TN high school football.  Trey Smith, USJ, and now at UT, will be much more prepared to start as a freshman after having been coached by Mark for a year and the Ram's offensive line will benefit greatly from his vast experience.  Rusty was also able to add a couple of his former CAK players to his staff to help instill his system more quickly.  However, I caution Ram fans not to have overly high expectations this first year or two.  Your schedule looks pretty brutal to me.  After years of watching the Wing T you will have fun watching the Spread-Coast offense throw the ball all over the field and I believe you will certainly win some games.  Be patient.  Support the team and I believe you will have some successful years coming to you in the near future. Good luck to the Rams this Thursday.  

Great post!