GCA 2017 - A New Era

gcapride

44 minutes ago, Booger said:

times r always fun when theres that much excitement around a program.......

....hopefully u can get sum more milage out of it before realty sets in....and Boog ant talkin bout them Rams opnin tussle

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Reality already set in on March 29, 2017 when the GCA Rams got a new shepherd with Rusty Bradley.

Rusty and the boys are prepared for the season and have their hands full with a brutal schedule. They have some big fish to fry before October 13th when the Irish clans invade the GCA paddock. This thread reminds me of the old Irish saying: A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it's out o' the churn, the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.

I gonna keep my milk in the churn until the week of October 13th.

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

A couple scores yes 41-14 type game.

I think that sounds like a pretty accurate prognostication...I set the over/under at around 28.  No one that I know of has faced each other any more than Rankin and Bradley over the past 10 years, with both teams meeting twice (reg. season & playoffs) many of those years. Bradley knows how to score points on Rankin, and Rankin knows how to slow down Bradley's offense.  Neither General has their best Armies to command this time like they have had in the past IMHO, but it still should be an interesting game to watch.  Bradley's CAK squads finally learned not to be intimidated by "Too Hype", 90+ players on the sidelines, and an Alcoa trophy case full of gold balls, but it took them a while and a lot of bruising and bleeding to get to that point.  I'm interested to see how the Rams come out of the gate to start the game.  However, I've seen enough games between these 2 coaches to know anything could happen.  We shall see soon.  Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.  I hope for a hard fought contest with great effort, exciting plays and good sportsmanship regardless of the outcome. 

On 8/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, RamTough41 said:

All I see on the threads about Div 2 AA East teams are Webb, CAK and ND. These teams are good, no doubt. It's good to see that people are overlooking the Rams this year. Going to be fun seeing the hard work the team has put in pay off on the field this year. A veteran group of players with one of the best coaching staffs in the state in any division and most VFL's as coaches. 

The Rams will make some noise this year and turn some heads. I have no doubt that Rusty's Rowdies will exceed the expectations that other Div 2 AA teams have for us. Go Rams

Hope all Div2AA East teams stay healthy this year.

Your first paragraph is interesting. Haven't those programs been considerably better than GCA and deserve their "attention"?  I mean, to me, GCA has gotten a lot of pub since your coach has been hired. He had an ok one year at USJ and some really good players playing against the public schools in Div 1 while at CAK. 

Should be fun to see how the program improves under his direction. Best of luck!

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I think Coach Rankin will run the ball and stay somewhat basic for this first game. Plus, I think he will rotate starters early to stay health due to a pretty tough first half  season schedule......just thoughts?

Hey BC...long time no talkie.  My first time back on the "T" in about 5 years!  I will try and find you at the game tonight if you are coming.