Warren Co. Head Coach Dismissed

PIONEERS12

Pioneersports: Just a problem with your response. There is perception and opinion. There is also innuendo and facts. What you posted and deleted, you presented as facts based on a meeting. You accused Coach Childs of something possibly illegal, certainly unethical and lied about having proof. As it turns out, that was not true, no proof and was a lie. Let's try and set the record straight on this - nothing improper was done by Coach Childs.

Edited by neverlayup

you all can debate it all you want but Jimmy Walker has made the decision. Get over it

Principal Walker has the right to do this even if many view it as a wrong decision or done the wrong way. However folks that view this differently also have the right to debate the merits and voice their opinion in support of the person - Coach Childs in this case - or against the decision. And then when some choose to slander a person, people should have the right to come to their defense. But right or wrong, Principal Walker has that authority.

Edited by neverlayup

The sad fact is that an outsider made a better hire than the locals may have ever made. Will the new coach be a winner and team builder and fund raise by himself without a booster club or community support?  Decisions like this have long lasting effects you know.

Players and boosters can only influence decisions for administration. Administrators have final say. Administration needs to be ashamed of themselves for making this decision. Ring the bell ..... home cooking!!! Sad to say but it's VERY evident that it goes on in warren county sports. The only reason a coach gets fired is based on bad record, attitude, parents hating him and/ or zero tolerance policies. Nothing shows anyr of these reasons.... simply because Childs has had good consecutive records and now we want to move the program in a different direction????? Beats me but hope Coach Childs finds a better opportunity.

this coming from an original member of the Dibrell Mafia, talk about calling the kettle black

I have great respect for coach Childs and would stand up for him any day. I have had him as a coach and a mentor.. In my own opinion, Coach Childs has been done wrong. Very wrong. That is why I feel very strong about this subject. Nothing more and nothing less. I guess some of you on this thread do not understand because you never had coach Childs as a coach.

Been thinking, if this was handled the right way, we wouldn't have such passionate debate. Would it not make sense to truly hire a coach who is not part of these discussions. If that were done then , the slate is wiped clean, no inferences that something amiss has been going on. Would totally diffuse the good old boy arguments. The Pro-Childs voice doesn't win either. Again about the kids