Warren Co. Head Coach Dismissed

PIONEERS12

Been thinking, if this was handled the right way, we wouldn't have such passionate debate. Would it not make sense to truly hire a coach who is not part of these discussions. If that were done then , the slate is wiped clean, no inferences that something amiss has been going on. Would totally diffuse the good old boy arguments. The Pro-Childs voice doesn't win either. Again about the kids

It ought to be but it's not about the kids or this thread would not have been necessary. And even if they go outside, the slate is not wiped clean (I do understand your basic concept) as one man's reputation has been unfairly sullied and many players have had their career's upset for NO good reason. If Warren County baseball was struggling, it would be different, but the program was resurrected from ashes and was continuing on an upward climb. Just wrong.

even out of county fans can see the distraction

You are right, they can see this was a bad decision. Seriously, I see you are back at it. I can't speak about other sports (I highly doubt those either), but going back to your slanderous lie you posted and then deleted, let's try and clear this up once and for all. Coach Childs has made all decisions concerning baseball - who plays, how to coach, what teams to schedule,etc. If you believe otherwise, besides being dead wrong, you don't know Coach Childs at all.

Edited by neverlayup

It's called an AD who has never had anything to do with the baseball program and ruins everything he has had a decision in and a high school principal who is best friends with a riverdale snake who will probably become the new head coach. Coach Childs has had one the most successful baseball programs at the high school starting with my senior class and progressed from their on. Time to fire the AD!!

high school principal who is best friends with a riverdale snake who will probably become the new head coach

I guess you called that!! Good Job!

high school principal who is best friends with a riverdale snake who will probably become the new head coach

I guess you called that!! Good Job!

Well that was his opinion and maybe the negative reaction caused them to change their original plans, BUT it was an opinion and not the untruthful facts and innuendo you have put out there often.

Let's state this up front, Coach Childs should still be the coach at Warren County, but one man decided differently. With that being said, good luck to Coach Powers. The resurrection project of Warren County baseball has been done and put them on a great path. Let's not forget, we were a laughing stock for many years and now we are a contender every year and all signs point up. Warren County parents - try not to judge him only on wins and losses and who plays and doesn't play. Watch whether his teams continue the foundation that Coach Childs instilled - hard work, gritty play, doing it the correct way, never-say-die attitude, being a great teammate, sportsmanship on the field and excellence in the classroom - this is not opinion, just facts. Coach Powers has a good pedigree and the bonehead decision by Principal Walker should not be held against him by anyone in Warren County. Give him a chance to continue the rise of Warren County baseball. He inherits good solid baseball kids, a believe in yourself and your teammates attitude, and talent coming back from last year's team. If allowed to coach without internal interference and eyes, he should be successful - the heavy lifting has been done.

As long as the new coach does what Mr. Helton tells him to do he will stay, but if you do not play who Mr. H wants then he will call for his head. It has happened in the football program and now in baseball. So if coach Childs is looking we would like to have him in White County to set some discipline for our team because he does have a winning record and strong discipline record and that is something we have not seen in a while.