Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

The odds of DB or SH winning a state title in football anytime soon are slim and none at this point IMO, and slim just left town.  There has been a tremendous uptick in highly rated Div. 1 talent at the HS level in TN over the past several years, primarily driven by the increase in population in middle TN.  That isn't going on in the Tri-Cities, so it would take a real "perfect storm" of talent converging at one time, combined with a seriously "down" year for some other teams, for DB or SH to be able to run the table.  Not gonna happen IMO.

I would really like to see this game.  I think its a measuring stick for both teams and is especially interesting to Oak Ridge fans as we travel to Kingsport next week to play DB.  Does anyone have any predictions on the outcome? 

Looking forward to visiting J Fred. great job they did upgrading it. I wish that we could get the same done on Blankenship Field.

DB leads this series 31-5.

Last 5 games look like this:

2002  DB 10, GHS  19 
2001  DB 29, GHS  7 
2000  DB 61, GHS  23 
1999  DB 34, GHS  27 
1992  DB 27, GHS  13 

The next game in the set goes all the way back to 1976, so there was quite a gap at that point.

The series has not been kind to GHS, their only wins were in 2002, 1968, 1961, 1958 and 1921.

However, just my opinion, but I think all that is about to change tomorrow night....

3 hours ago, ShellbackIndian said:

I hope i'm wrong but I think the Devils take this one. On a side note the DB band will dominate.

Good luck and safe travels to all. No Injuries Please!!!!!!!

Yes ,Dobyns Bennett has a great band.Not only the largest in the state in high school or anywhere else,it's also one of the best in the nation....As to the game .This is a win-win game for Batman.The ride home should be interesting either way.If DB wins,I'm happy for my former Indians and their friends.However,if Greeneville wins,I"m happy for the Devils,MYSELF, and every former Devil and Devil fan that has ever lived.

Just now, DBGRAD70 said:

So, where is Waco?  He's a realist (normally). One of the few reasons I even read these boards is to see what is truely happening.  If it weren't for Batman, there wouldn't be much to read right now.

DB's best chance is to control the clock and try to keep Greeneville's offense off the field.  They have a good enough line and running backs to do that "if" they don't make mistakes. In the past several years they've been known as a team that picks up a lot of stupid penalties. (bad coaching). So we're hoping for a miracle in that department. 

I was hoping that with a few coaching changes they would of fixed that terrible defense. Judging from the scrimmages it's the same old same old. So we're hoping for a miracle in that department also. 

So if DB's offense can play mistake free they can keep this game close enough to win it.  If not, Greeneville wins by 21.

Should be a great game.This will be the first time I've seen either team live,so here is what I think might be the way they play it.I agree with DB doing  ball control but I see them putting it in the air as well to back the Devils out of the box.I see the Devils throwing a lot of quick passes because I'd say DB brings the backers and maybe the house a few times.I think DB fakes it as well to try and jump some of those passes.Mistakes for sure will be the thing both teams have to stay away from.The most important thing to me even before who wins is that both teams have as injury free game and everyone gets back home safe.