Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

Elizabethton only has 824 students? Wow. I thought they were around 1100. How many does Greeneville have? Is Science Hill still the largest school enrollment-wise in the state? I was told just the intermediate school (5th and 6th grade only) in Johnson City has close to 2000 students. That's insane.

49 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Elizabethton only has 824 students? Wow. I thought they were around 1100. How many does Greeneville have? Is Science Hill still the largest school enrollment-wise in the state? I was told just the intermediate school (5th and 6th grade only) in Johnson City has close to 2000 students. That's insane.

Greeneville has 913 students enrolled.  Science Hill (2,248 students) and DB (2,208 students) are the 2 largest schools in Region 1

On 8/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, Compton said:

Batmandevil, i say Greenevillewould handle the cyclones pretty easily. Betsy got taken to the Woodshed but Union Va on Thursday. 1' vs 1' Union 24-10. Final Union 38-24. Union is a very small school on the Va side. Their so small that they had to combine Appalachia and powell valley to form union and i still doubt they have over 400 students.

I agree with everyone on here, Greeneville is the better team. I think db is catching them at the right time, 9 out of 10 I'm taking devils, but I'm going with the INDIANS in a huge upset 27-24.

Batmandevil i see you always comment on the south vs db crowd from a few years back. 2012 db vs science hill was a huge attendance. Didn't get to make it out to either game, but which game had the larger crowd.

i dont think in the history of TIME has anyone ever said those words....lol ( the upset part )

i realize it probably HAD to be done, but losing the Appalachia vs Powell rivalry was a tragedy  to alot of folks in that region. as for enrollment, i dont think it amounts to a hill of beans unless you're talking about someone like North Greene and their 200 plus kids vs a school with 8 or 900  plus, so i dont think Union "beating" betsy in a scrimmage really tells us anything about betsy. You can bet your last nickle that those boy will have their fightin face on when the Devils come to town in mid october. That's a rivalry that was destined to be reborn. You can also bet that same nickle on a cyclone blowing through elizabethton that night, but it will be blowing Greene wind and rain rather than black and orange.

As for this game being an upset for Dobyns Bennett to win....Dobyns Bennett was gifted 3 years ago with one of it's better classes in years.Both Robinson and Sevier sent them loaded teams that played against each other  for the conference championship that Greeneville middle school was a part of. They played and beat SH twice as 9th graders and their only loss was to Greeneville's " JV " team.Now, if DB wins,it's because they have still got enough talent from that class and some great underclassman to boot as you should expect from a school their size.This would in no way be considered an upset to me.On the other hand,when you factor what Greeneville's coaching staff has done over the years and the fact Greeneville has also got some fine athletes,it's no surprise some folks would put DB as a underdog in this matchup .Like I've said,I wouldn't bet against either of these teams come friday night                

18 minutes ago, Compton said:

BatmanDevil who would you give the edge too Db 12' team  or Greeneville 10' squad.

That would be a tough game ,never know how teams will machup.If they could change places,would DB have ran the table in place of Greeneville in 2010 or would Greeneville had beat Maryville in the third round.Another hard question because Maryville doesn't lose in the playoffs that much and DB has never made it to the finals

12 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

That would be a tough game ,never know how teams will machup.If they could change places,would DB have ran the table in place of Greeneville in 2010 or would Greeneville had beat Maryville in the third round.Another hard question because Maryville doesn't lose in the playoffs that much and DB has never made it to the finals

quit " Butch Jones'ing " the question and answer the man Batman...lol...we all know your allegiance to both schools, so just throw it out their. H. E. double hockey sticks, who knows, it might even spark a little banter between the DB and GHS fans if any of them are sitting back and just reading as opposed to commenting.

12 hours ago, Compton said:

I watch the video Bvd posted on Greeneville vs Fulton back in 10' that qb was lightning. Did he go anywhere?

if memory serves me correctly compton, Willie went to a JUCO in georgia and didnt fare to well. ( that's the nicest way i can put it, based simply on what i was told ) As a result, i was told he dropped out and is now working somewhere in Newport. Willie had a chance to etch his name in the hearts and minds of Greene Devils fans the world over forever had he completed his work at the JUCO and then transfered to Tennessee, as was rumored to be the plan from the outset. Ofcourse none of what i just said has been confirmed by Willie himself, or his uncle, so take it with a grain of something, if no salt is available.

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

quit " Butch Jones'ing " the question and answer the man Batman...lol...we all know your allegiance to both schools, so just throw it out their. H. E. double hockey sticks, who knows, it might even spark a little banter between the DB and GHS fans if any of them are sitting back and just reading as opposed to commenting.

I'm sure there will be plenty of banter after the fact .Nomatter how the game turns out, both sides will see one of the best bands in the nation.