Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

I know Waco mentioned this before, but the defensive backs for DB do not understand how to play that position. Sometimes their in the right spot they just do not have the technique to make the plays they should. Also, i noticed they lack awareness of what is going on. 

Regarding these penalties it's a lack of mental toughness and discipline. We see this every year. You would think the coach would work to correct this.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

Just now, hssportsfanatic said:

I know Waco mentioned this before, but the defensive backs for DB do not understand how to play that position. Sometimes in their in the right spot they just do not have the techniques to make the plays they should. Also, i noticed they lack awareness of what is going on. 

Regarding these penalties it's a lack of mental toughness and discipline. We see this every year. You would think the coach would work to correct this.

We've beat this horse to death for the past 10 years. It's not going to change. This coaching staff believes their doing a great job. Just pick one and ask him. 

The die hard Clark fans will tell you "it's the kids fault". Even though it's a different group of "kids" every year for the past 10 years. Could be something wrong with the water at the school maybe.

• Upvote 1

Just now, devilfan11 said:

It's a little unfair to say DB got beat by one guy. Huge plays by Hite, Gillespie-Taylor, Youngblood and Crawford on D. Cade is a special player but he only plays on one side of the ball.

I know what your saying but I think you know what I'm saying. You take Ballard out of that game and DB wins despite all their screw ups. Despite knowing full well what kind of player Ballard is way before last night the DB coaching staff had no plan on how to stop him. Not before the game, not during the game, and not after the game. I actually think that maybe they were hoping he would get tired. (that's a joke......or is it?)

• Upvote 1

If anyone ever doubted me when I said DB had the athletes,then last night should make them believe.What's worse is there is a load of athletes walking the halls that don't even play football.I'm not going to dog every coach on the staff of DB because there are some fine coaches.Yes, one or two moves over the last few years and most of the athletes would have came on out to play and this would have been a super strong team that nobody would have wanted to deal with.Loved to have seen it as a DB dad,but just like this game,life moves on and you make the best.No reason this team at DB should not have a great season .Go Devils ! and Roll Tribe !

6 hours ago, devilfan11 said:

It's a little unfair to say DB got beat by one guy. Huge plays by Hite, Gillespie-Taylor, Youngblood and Crawford on D. Cade is a special player but he only plays on one side of the ball.

That is a typical response from DB football they are the paper champs !!! On paper they are always the best !! The band is awesome !!!