Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

42 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Actually far from it. We went up and down the field on the while being very cautious with qbs. No an runs or long pass. Defense kept them furious with the ones in 

Great to hear! I could see some spots that needed a little tighten up during the Fulton scrimmage.Thats why you take on these kinds of teams .

6 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

If DB's secondary looks as bad as I'm hearing it could be a long night for the Indians. Greeneville will air it out all night and I'm not sure the Indians will be able to stop them.

I never go into a game saying to myself that  it is a done deal either way,"except for that one time" when I had a kid playing in 2009 for Dobyns bennett.DB was 5-5 and their first round was at Maryville.Now there could have been divine intervention about to happen ,but I had already accepted the fact God was probably a Maryville fan.

Edited by BatmanDevil

no video for the Farragut scrimmage....no point in it. Nothing to really see either way to be honest....our ones looked really good on offense running a very vanilla plan. Qb's were off limits for both teams. It would really be unfair to say a whole lot about the offense because there were zero qb runs and no smash plays. you can assume whatever you like about what i call "smash plays"...defensively, the devils looked really good with the ones, but as is the case most times when playing against a 6a school with 500 kids on their team, our boys playing both ways got pretty tired and when that happened and we started subbing in the 2's and 3's, Farragut starting going up and down the field on us.....bottom line....some great work for our boys and NO ONE GOT HURT! 8 days its on for real......Bring it DB, my Greene Team will be up for the challenge

On 8/8/2017 at 4:45 PM, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,A fair test for any team in the state I'd say,Most likely find it on YouTube late tonight or tomorrow.Warning #!, BVD "Might" use a few choice words on his channel  before you surf it at Sunday school, but he knows the game and tells it like it is.Just ask Lane Kiffen.Type in" Big VoL daddy"

indeed batman, some choice words can be heard on any BVD video...words like " awesome, great, fabulous, dramatic, incredible, unbeleivable ".....are a few i like to choose when talking about my Devils....and Vols.....by the way brother...my videos are family friendly now sir. 

43 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

indeed batman, some choice words can be heard on any BVD video...words like " awesome, great, fabulous, dramatic, incredible, unbeleivable ".....are a few i like to choose when talking about my Devils....and Vols.....by the way brother...my videos are family friendly now sir. 

Trying to work it out to come down next friday but I won't know 100% until next Thursday .I'll give  a call if I can make it

I've never seen it this slow on coacht for an opening DB game.I know the fans may be a little reserved to talk it up  because of the last few years,but my goodness.That reminds me,yes I got the message that was obviously meant for me a few days ago about my Devils.When I heard it, I thought ,how ironic.All I have to do is point to the job coach Ballard and his staff have done.Hey,I guess there has to be a designated dung talker for every staff.

5 hours ago, lawnman said:

Greenville has a good team and a great coaching staff and are the team to beat if you want to go to boro in 4a.

Maybe so,but if Greeneville wants to get passed "Mosheim",they have to beat Elizabethton.I seen what happened against Alcoa.If either team looks passed there own schedule ,then they may not go anywhere. Got to take them one at a time ,even if you have great goals.

56 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Maybe so,but if Greeneville wants to get passed "Mosheim",they have to beat Elizabethton.I seen what happened against Alcoa.If either team looks passed there own schedule ,then they may not go anywhere. Got to take them one at a time ,even if you have great goals.

I agree 100 percent it's a long season and you have to be ready to play each and every week.Going to be a fun to see what happens in 4a this year.

5 hours ago, lawnman said:

I agree 100 percent it's a long season and you have to be ready to play each and every week.Going to be a fun to see what happens in 4a this year.

You guys got a cake walk .. 4A easily the least competitive class .. the last 3 teams that have knocked y'all out of playoffs Catholic, Fulton (twice) and Central have all moved up .. so you guys got it made .. beat Betsy and your in Cookeville .. no drama here .. Will come down to 1 game .. rest of season will be boring ..