• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

TennBoy

Head coach at Powell

It is apparent that there are issues at Powell. How does a program that has been that good take this long to hire a coach. The answer is poor administration. This is the best example I have ever seen when it comes to screwing up a coaching srarch. I hope for their sake it does not hurt their program. This has just been a disaster.

Several people turned the job down because they could not get a teaching position at the school for the head coach. They have offered it to a guy. He is not a certified teacher. They are trying to create a TA position for him. Once Knox County approves the teaching assistant position the head coaching position will be announced. 

So does he have any experience being a ta? I assume this is a special education position because high schools do not really have regular education ta's i don't think. They are just going to create a spot in an area that is hard to work in for a guy that may not really want to eork in that area so he can be the coach? Again does not sound like good school leadership to me. However if he is interested in and does have a passion for special education kids then that is awesome.

7 hours ago, TennBoy said:

So does he have any experience being a ta? I assume this is a special education position because high schools do not really have regular education ta's i don't think. They are just going to create a spot in an area that is hard to work in for a guy that may not really want to eork in that area so he can be the coach? Again does not sound like good school leadership to me. However if he is interested in and does have a passion for special education kids then that is awesome.

I've heard the same rumor the last couple of days, but I heard something completely different today.  

At this point, I don't think anybody really has a clue what the administration is going to do.  The only thing I am fairly confident of is that it won't be anybody currently in the building at Powell.  

Just wanted to add some clarity to the situation. The administration has been working it. The job was offered two weeks ago to a head coach with math certification - there are more teaching jobs than special education at the high school. The offer was eventually declined as the coach took a similar job in Florida. So they have been actively trying to fill the position.

Yes there are more teaching jobs. The post I was referring to said teaching assistant. Those are generally special education jobs. If he is certified then that is great. I was simply commenting on the post above mine.

Edited by TennBoy

5 minutes ago, TennBoy said:

Yes there are more teaching jobs. The post I was referring to said teaching assistant. Those are generally special education jobs. If he is certified then that is great. I was simply commenting on the post above mine.

Sorry didn't mean to imply that from your post. Earlier posts mentioned no jobs so tough to find a coach outside.

14 minutes ago, neverlayup said:

Sorry didn't mean to imply that from your post. Earlier posts mentioned no jobs so tough to find a coach outside.

Gotcha. No worries. I hope all works out. Just not sure I like hiring coaches then sticking them in to special ed spots. 

47 minutes ago, baseballguy1616 said:

Any word now?

Not officially.