Too Many Classes

3 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

WB has 2 feeder middle schools which closed their individual football programs to form a combined football program under the WB name.

WB has an excellent middle school coach and did do a great job not only in wins but the number of players he had on the team was what surprised me more than anything. Before both schools never had that many players out for ball as separate teams combined. Pretty much had to combine because one team was about to fold kinda forcing the issue. I don't put much stock into middle school football because 7 times out of 10 some of the better players are the ones that daddy held back a year taking advantage of maturity at that age which the rest usually catch up to in the 11th grade and pass them up. I would hate my parents to death had they held me back and cost me one of my valuable working years as an adult over their petty self driven hopes their son will get some kind of advantage which usually comes back to backfire in their face.

The real truth is that Tennessee does not have the population base to support nine (9) classifications for high school football.  My personal feelings are that Tennessee should only have five (5) classifications for high school football and that is with both the public schools and private schools being combined again.  Only some SNOWFLAKE would feel that Tennessee should have nine classifications for high school football.  The political correctness that has taken place with the split and an overabundance of classifications is a joke.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

The real truth is that Tennessee does not have the population base to support nine (9) classifications for high school football.  My personal feelings are that Tennessee should only have five (5) classifications for high school football and that is with both the public schools and private schools being combined again.  Only some SNOWFLAKE would feel that Tennessee should have nine classifications for high school football.  The political correctness that has taken place with the split and an overabundance of classifications is a joke.

Better settle in and get comfy cause it ain't going anywhere. 

4 classes in the public league and 2 classes in the private league.  If they are public they play in the public league, if they are private they play in the private league.  No more complaining about privates do this, publics do that.  If they are funded by the State = public.  Not funded by the State = PRIVATE.  'NUFF SAID - E.O.D.