2017 Season underway

SummaryJudgment

On 9/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, BruinBabe said:

I love that Portland is getting some love!  They are a really good AA team!  Signal Mountain has a strong hitter but is not in Portland's class.  I also want to weigh in on Catholic.  I saw them at the Knoxville K2 tournament and they were not nearly as strong as they were last year.  They had a really strong hitter, mentioned on this board who is young but strong.  However, the setting is not good.  The setter from last year should set all the way around.  They also freeze out number 4 and go to the weaker hitters.  I don't think they won a game in Saturday?  They miss a lot of serves, and are slow.  Portland is better.  What happened to the coach that was there before the two K2 guys?  

Would you say that Portland should be the current favorite in AA? I currently feel like they should be the favorite. Followed by Signal Mtn, Hume-Fogg, Sullivan South, or Camden Central. That is just my opinion. Any other thoughts? Thank you for your insight. 

I plan on watching them and some other teams in AA to get an idea on how everyone is looking. I went through all the pools, but it seems like this years Williamson County Tournament is weaker compared to past years. I could be wrong, but I don't see Brentwood, Knox Webb, Baylor, etc. I feel like in the past there was usually more powerhouses than this year. It should still be a really good tournament though. 

10 hours ago, knightsfan said:

I plan on watching them and some other teams in AA to get an idea on how everyone is looking. I went through all the pools, but it seems like this years Williamson County Tournament is weaker compared to past years. I could be wrong, but I don't see Brentwood, Knox Webb, Baylor, etc. I feel like in the past there was usually more powerhouses than this year. It should still be a really good tournament though. 

You are correct. The difference though is that the old Wilco tourney was run by Brentwood. That one is dead. This is a reincarnation of that tourney. The coach at Summit started it about four years ago. Started small with games played at Summit and Spring Station. It's been growing every year. Franklin and Indy have been co-hosts as well for the past few years. I believe this is the first year it's been all under one roof at AGame. Could be wrong about that. But it's growing for sure. 

13 hours ago, SummaryJudgment said:

You are correct. The difference though is that the old Wilco tourney was run by Brentwood. That one is dead. This is a reincarnation of that tourney. The coach at Summit started it about four years ago. Started small with games played at Summit and Spring Station. It's been growing every year. Franklin and Indy have been co-hosts as well for the past few years. I believe this is the first year it's been all under one roof at AGame. Could be wrong about that. But it's growing for sure. 

Thank you! I've heard they maybe trying to get another tournament going that should be like the old one, called middle TN classic? That is just what I have heard. Also, go figure that when one powerhouse stops hosting, the others stop going (being sarcastic at the end).