4AAA 2017-18

QSouth89

17 hours ago, Chinadog said:

Honestly, I was never overly impressed with Brock. I've seen him get blocked a lot over the years, through AAU and Rocky Top. He does score well when playing smaller teams, but shut him down and they struggle. Against bigger guys, he'll score, but not nearly as effective. I watched Pember shutdown Akeem last summer in AAU while dropping 20+ points on him. Remember, he's still a wing. 6'9" now and still growing. I'd like to see him put on like 40 pounds. 

We'll see when and if Bearden plays PennyBall. The drawing is tomorrow, hopefully they meet in the championship game and not before. 

Way to go Powell! That's a story in itself! 

Good luck to the teams representing East Tennessee this year! 

I think we're kind of agreeing. Brock hasn't impressed you but he's consistently put up 20+ against Bearden. Remember Catholic only had 2 returning starters with any varsity minutes. Pember hasn't done much vs. Catholic with a 6'2" wing guarding him. Pember is too content to shoot 3s (which he hasn't always done well when I've seen him play) when he had a huge size advantage and should score inside.

Powell has certainly peaked at the right time! Glad to see Grace get a GOLD BALL and hope some of the other East TN teams can do the same!

1 hour ago, Chinadog said:

Great first game with East vs Blackman. Bearden got Mt. Juliet in the first round and will likely play East in the second. I'll be there for those games. Powell is on the other side of the bracket and got WhiteHaven first. Here's the bracket:

http://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20170203

Wow. Fortunate draw for Powell. East, Bearden, and Blackman all on the same side of the bracket.

2 hours ago, Chinadog said:

Great first game with East vs Blackman. Bearden got Mt. Juliet in the first round and will likely play East in the second. I'll be there for those games. Powell is on the other side of the bracket and got WhiteHaven first. Here's the bracket:

http://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20170203

These blind draws are tough. The three best teams in the state are on the same side of the bracket? Wow. I would like to see the Blackman/Memphis East game. I remember Catholic’s seniors playing the seniors from Blackman in a tournament at Stewart Creek when they were freshman. Time flies by too fast. Good luck next week Chinadog the semi-final will be the de facto championship game.

• 2 weeks later...

Bearden played a HECK of a game against Memphis East. They were up 8 at one time in the 3rd quarter. Pretty impressive considering East is ranking 6th in the country. 38-2. Pretty amazing. Hats off to you guys! 

They lose a lone senior. The Bulldogs will be looking to get back to the states and take one whats left of that East team! 

Until then! 

19 minutes ago, Chinadog said:

Bearden played a HECK of a game against Memphis East. They were up 8 at one time in the 3rd quarter. Pretty impressive considering East is ranking 6th in the country. 38-2. Pretty amazing. Hats off to you guys! 

They lose a lone senior. The Bulldogs will be looking to get back to the states and take one whats left of that East team! 

Until then! 

Great season for Bearden. Unfortunately I think Bearden whips Maryville's butt again next season. Maryville  will be good. Bearden will be great. I look for Maryville to be really good 2 years from now. Joe Anderson will be a senior. Also heard the 8th grade team for Maryville Junior High was really good. I think they were 25-1 this past season.

QSouth- looking ahead to next year in 4-AAA, will Akeem Odusipe be playing for Catholic? I saw him play a couple of years ago for Knox Christian and he looked like a big time high major D1 prospect in the making. Don’t see many kids in the Knoxville area with his combination of size and athleticism.

Edited by Norman Dale

17 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

QSouth- looking ahead to next year in 4-AAA, will Akeem Odusipe be playing for Catholic? I saw him play a couple of years ago for Knox Christian and he looked like a big time high major D1 prospect in the making. Don’t see many kids in the Knoxville area with his combination of size and athleticism.

Yes, Akeem will be eligible for the Irish next year.  He has a handful of major D1 offers looking forward to seeing him on the court it would have been nice to see him paired with Jancek.