4AAA 2017-18

QSouth89

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow nights games. Who do you have? Mine in bold....

• Catholic at Bearden                (should be a good game, going with Bearden at home)
  • Alcoa at Maryville                    (Maryville at home)
  • Heritage at West                     (West)
  • Farragut at William Blount    (Farragut)

Wednesday:

• Hardin Valley at Karns            (Karns at home)

On 1/22/2018 at 8:28 PM, Chinadog said:

Tomorrow nights games. Who do you have? Mine in bold....

• Catholic at Bearden                (should be a good game, going with Bearden at home)
  • Alcoa at Maryville                    (Maryville at home)
  • Heritage at West                     (West)
  • Farragut at William Blount    (Farragut)

3 for 4 tonight, underestimated Alcoa. 

Schedule snafu on Wednesday games, Lenoir City played at Hardin Valley last night. 

Thursdays game:

• Farragut at Campbell County               (Farragut)

Fridays games:

• Lenoir City at Heritage                          (Heritage is my underdog pick)
  • Hardin Valley at Catholic                      (Catholic)
  • Bearden at  West                                   (Bearden - only beat West by seven last time)
  • Maryville at William Blount                  (Maryville)

Sorry, this thread has been pretty quiet. Anyone else have any predictions?

Edited by Chinadog

ChinaDog, 

Heritage is a good underdog pick... a very capable team.  However, I think they are ranked ahead of Lenoir City in the standings.  This district is very even in the middle... Obviously, Bearden, Maryville, and Catholic have separated themselves into the top 3, but after that, all the teams are very even... each with 7 or 8 losses except Lenoir City with 9.  Anyone can beat anyone in this league. 

Should be fun down the stretch!

2 hours ago, threeball said:

ChinaDog, 

Heritage is a good underdog pick... a very capable team.  However, I think they are ranked ahead of Lenoir City in the standings.  This district is very even in the middle... Obviously, Bearden, Maryville, and Catholic have separated themselves into the top 3, but after that, all the teams are very even... each with 7 or 8 losses except Lenoir City with 9.  Anyone can beat anyone in this league. 

Except Bearden....LOL Their two guards are elite.

7 hours ago, threeball said:

ChinaDog, 

Threeball, I agree completely. I think there is a toss up for fourth. It may be the team that gets on a roll now, including Farragut and HVA. I think both are starting to play well again. Seems like the lower teams are playing well outside the district and going back and forth with the teams in district. 

Irishbball, while Bearden is strong, they haven't come out hard and fast recently. They do go into a new gear at some point during the game, typically the second half. Catholic was up 8-0 in the first quarter before Bearden scored and tied it up at 12 after the first, then they went on a run and scored 80 points in the next three quarters. HAV was tied up at the end of the third, then Bearden scored 40 points in the fourth! When they played West, the game was close the whole time and they only won by seven. West had a pretty bad record at that point. It'll be interesting when the play tomorrow at West and see what they do. 

13 hours ago, Chinadog said:

Threeball, I agree completely. I think there is a toss up for fourth. It may be the team that gets on a roll now, including Farragut and HVA. I think both are starting to play well again. Seems like the lower teams are playing well outside the district and going back and forth with the teams in district. 

Irishbball, while Bearden is strong, they haven't come out hard and fast recently. They do go into a new gear at some point during the game, typically the second half. Catholic was up 8-0 in the first quarter before Bearden scored and tied it up at 12 after the first, then they went on a run and scored 80 points in the next three quarters. HAV was tied up at the end of the third, then Bearden scored 40 points in the fourth! When they played West, the game was close the whole time and they only won by seven. West had a pretty bad record at that point. It'll be interesting when the play tomorrow at West and see what they do. 

Bearden has started slow in several games but when Trent and Ques decide it's time to play, the game changes. Their shooting has improved tremendously over the past two years. They are both solid from 3, great mid-range game and can get to the rim at ease. That doesn't even bring into play the impact they have defensively.

Bearden guards are so good that it makes you over look other players that are really good. Roman is always making a big 3 while seldom missing it seems. (would be nice to know his percentage from behind the arch) Then you add in Drew his ability to protect the rim and disrupt passes allows Ques and Trent the freedom to over play on defense and create havoc. Oh yea forgot to mention Drew is pretty solid on offense also. He is fun to watch and given how much he has improved with his body control as the season has gone on he could be really scary next year. You add Shamarcus and his ability to grab offensive rebounds and finish around rim even after contact you have the makings for another special player. I hear they have a JV kid who cant play varsity till sometime in February who is a very solid player as well. The rest of this year (and the next few JV only lost 2 games freshmen undefeated) could be really exciting.

Agree with you guys. Don't forget Kah, who started last year. He's super aggressive and can score as well. They do have that other big kid who starts, think he's the one senior. He doesn't score much, but gets his share of rebounds and blocks a fair amount of shots. That sophomore is ineligible this year, but is tearing it up on JV. Next year they'll be even better.

Oh, Bearden beat West by 8 tonight. :) West played pretty well.