Preseason talk. Who are the favorites?

Playerscoach

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Should be a very interesting year!  

Can't wait to see what develops with D2 this season!

See you all August 22!

8/22 should be fun. We will more likely than not see each other multiple times this year so it will be interesting. We weren't competitive last year because you were better overall and we had kids out. Still wouldn't have changed the outcome IMO but we would have been more competitive. I hope we are healthy and can make it a game this time. :) I know Faith has it circled because she likes to see Molly, Megan, CeCe, and Kayla. 

Best of luck to you guys! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 9:02 PM, BigG said:

See you all August 22!

Two scrimmages and already have injuries to goalie, all region attacking mid, and all district mid. Plus, we only have two senior starters and ten soph/fresh/8th graders playing huge minutes. 

You should just play your jv. Just ask your friend at Ensworth, we are banged up. :) 

On 8/12/2017 at 3:38 AM, Playerscoach said:

Two scrimmages and already have injuries to goalie, all region attacking mid, and all district mid. Plus, we only have two senior starters and ten soph/fresh/8th graders playing huge minutes. 

You should just play your jv. Just ask your friend at Ensworth, we are banged up. :) 

I think we will both be limping through our game on Tuesday.

On my roster of 20 on varsity, after Bearden and McMinn County tonight, we are down to only 14 healthy girls.

Like you, we are starting 4 freshmen and an 8th grader.

Should be a good match!

1 hour ago, BigG said:

On my roster of 20 on varsity, after Bearden and McMinn County tonight, we are down to only 14 healthy girls.

Should be a good match!

Can we join the walking wounded...lol.  Last year we had 20 healthy players all season.  This season we started with only 17, and.....our defensive player of the year (last season) shredded her ACL, she's done for the season, our main starting forward (23 goals last season) that played beside Allie Dunn last year... well, she broke her collarbone, another one of our defenders broke her foot last week,  our other starting forward can barely walk due to a knee bone issue...very limited, midfielder with severe quad issues and right back with an injured knee...very limited.  And all this came in pre-season. Yep pre-season was brutal for us.  Out of our starting 11, only 9 are somewhat healthy.   We started 5 freshman and 2 sophomores last year.....this season may get to that point again.  

Wheeeew, what a year makes.  I'll get the prayer chain started for all 3 teams if you two can jump in too.  Good luck this season. 

10 hours ago, BigG said:

Should be a good match!

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope you guys have a safe drive home today and I look forward to seeing the kids, and those parents I've developed friendships with. Its always a pleasure to see those kids play and catch up with Kris and Sean. I talk to Larry weekly and Omer daily. Omer said he is coming to talk trash to me and Dean has said he might too! 

Try not to rough up #19 too much. So, no hard fouls or slide tackles to protect her frail little body.  :) Her mother will appreciate it. Lol

Best of luck to you guys Tuesday and throughout the season.

9 hours ago, Ram Fan said:

Can we join the walking wounded...lol.  Last year we had 20 healthy players all season.  This season we started with only 17, and.....our defensive player of the year (last season) shredded her ACL, she's done for the season, our main starting forward (23 goals last season) that played beside Allie Dunn last year... well, she broke her collarbone, another one of our defenders broke her foot last week,  our other starting forward can barely walk due to a knee bone issue...very limited, midfielder with severe quad issues and right back with an injured knee...very limited.  And all this came in pre-season. Yep pre-season was brutal for us.  Out of our starting 11, only 9 are somewhat healthy.   We started 5 freshman and 2 sophomores last year.....this season may get to that point again.  

Wheeeew, what a year makes.  I'll get the prayer chain started for all 3 teams if you two can jump in too.  Good luck this season. 

Good luck to you guys too! It's been brutal. We had ECS tied 0-0 with 25 mins last seaon and only 12 dressed for the game then our all region CB went down with an injury. This season has started off on a similar path and we just don't have enough soccer playing players to compete with good teams. Luckily the injuries so far are all minor but severa kids aren't 100%. Having three of our top five gimpy is not good because we only have six total that have ever played anything but YMCA soccer. Lol

Hope you guys heal up and prayers sent. Good luck this season.

6 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Good luck to you guys too! It's been brutal. We had ECS tied 0-0 with 25 mins last seaon and only 12 dressed for the game then our all region CB went down with an injury. This season has started off on a similar path and we just don't have enough soccer playing players to compete with good teams. Luckily the injuries so far are all minor but severa kids aren't 100%. Having three of our top five gimpy is not good because we only have six total that have ever played anything but YMCA soccer. Lol

Hope you guys heal up and prayers sent. Good luck this season.

Yes sir...appreciate that.  Unfortunately we have one gone for the season (ACL) but outside of that, hopefully we can all heal up as the season progresses.  But like you, we are so low on numbers this season that it's going to be tough but all any of us can do is just show up, lace em up and play.  

Lol, I gotta mention this though.  So we travel up to Jefferson County HS (class AAA) this past Tuesday (1st game) and we were only able to sub 2 players due to our situation.  Jeff Co had a roster of 37 and it was like an assembly line moving his girls in....lol.  It was a site.  I have 26 uniforms and would love to fill them all someday. 

Once again, prayers to your team as well, hope they heal up soon. 

On 7/30/2017 at 9:02 PM, BigG said:

See you all August 22!

Good job. We have a long way to go with this young group. It was nice seeing the kids and their parents. Didn't know about Cece. Kris said she will be ok. 

I think you guys will win your side and USN ours. USN beat BA 2-1 tonight so that is a quality win.

BTW Faith had some laughs with Megan during the game. Faith said Megan was like her shadow. Lol Your keeper made some really good saves against her. Your kids made it really tough on her too. 

I hope we can improve and be competitive next time we see you guys. Best of luck!

11 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Good job. We have a long way to go with this young group. It was nice seeing the kids and their parents. Didn't know about Cece. Kris said she will be ok. 

I think you guys will win your side and USN ours. USN beat BA 2-1 tonight so that is a quality win.

BTW Faith had some laughs with Megan during the game. Faith said Megan was like her shadow. Lol Your keeper made some really good saves against her. Your kids made it really tough on her too. 

I hope we can improve and be competitive next time we see you guys. Best of luck!

Yeah, Cece was rocking it against a big AAA team in Knoxville and just came down wrong on a tackle.  Hoping to get her back soon, but mainly for the playoffs.

Your daughter is quite talented.  Stronger and faster than last year.  I was glad to play against her as it allowed us to work on "man marking".  We were having difficulty for a while, and then made some adjustments which helped.  She is definitely a dangerous player.  If our keeper hadn't have made some pretty good saves, the end score might have looked a little different.

You guys should be good coming out of districts.  From my understanding, 4 teams make it out and I would imagine you all are probably 2nd?

Hope to see you all again in a few weeks!

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Yeah, Cece was rocking it against a big AAA team in Knoxville and just came down wrong on a tackle.  Hoping to get her back soon, but mainly for the playoffs.

Your daughter is quite talented.  Stronger and faster than last year.  I was glad to play against her as it allowed us to work on "man marking".  We were having difficulty for a while, and then made some adjustments which helped.  She is definitely a dangerous player.  If our keeper hadn't have made some pretty good saves, the end score might have looked a little different.

You guys should be good coming out of districts.  From my understanding, 4 teams make it out and I would imagine you all are probably 2nd?

Hope to see you all again in a few weeks!

Thank you for the compliments. She's not a bad forward for a holding mid. Lol She is bigger and faster because a few colleges said she was too slow to play the 6. When Ronnie told her that started an inferno inside so she had speed training all summer. Lol She even makes me run hill sprints with her on the weekends. :)

Our back end is not very organized right now with five of the six players being new to those positions so the score would have been much worse if we kept playing. It's something Matt will fix over the season.

Wish you guys all the best and tell Ingle I said hello. 

Edited by Playerscoach