Preseason talk. Who are the favorites?

Playerscoach

4 hours ago, RedDevilsManU said:

What is your sample?  Who have you seen play?  Curious.

Have watched CPA in person, know players at all three schools and talked to folks at USN and BGA. Plus seeing the game scores. It's just my best guess right now.

USN has a great GK, all state forward, solid AM, and some good young players. They are a very good side.

BGA lost a ton of great players but has had some good results this season.

CPA has a fantastic coach that is one of the best in the state. He has some good players and a GK that can steal goals from her opponents. Had she not been excellent DCA would have had three goals in the first half.

For the middle district in D2A those are the top 3 right now IMO. The next group is St Cecelia/DCA/FRA in no particular order then the gap widens with the others.

BGA and FRA canceled their games with DCA so I haven't seen them yet. FRA lost a ton of very good HS players too so IMO the region is down from the last few years. 

Edited by Playerscoach

USN with a 5-1 win over Harpeth Hall makes them IMO the clear #1 in the middle region of D2A.  

There is a high likelihood they go undefeated during the regular season. The Station Camp game will be a good test but I am not sure they have enough of an attack to win?

1. USN

2. BGA/CPA

What are the top teams in Chattanooga?

55 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Great info! Thank you 

As much as Booger gotta b admittin it......Coach Sneller and his Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly just off Hwy 41/Broad St. on Charger Dr. gotta be the team on paper to be the East favorite......tho shim and the Irish have taken them off that throne more than all our fingers can add up....dont know who else on this side is assured to beat niehter over on this side

dont see as much anymore splittin the clock and travels between 2 collegiate programs....at least from Booger nose or thinkin Booger nose

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

15 minutes ago, Booger said:

As much as Booger gotta b admittin it......Coach Sneller and his Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly just off Hwy 41/Broad St. on Charger Dr. gotta be the team on paper to be the East favorite......tho shim and the Irish have taken them off that throne more than all our fingers can add up....dont know who else on this side is assured to beat niehter over on this side

dont see as much anymore splittin the clock and travels between 2 collegiate programs....at least from Booger nose or thinkin Booger nose

New teams finally coming over to D2 will make things interesting. Be cool to see what rivalries develop.  Wish that all the private schools would go to D2.  Just seems to make sense.

I don't get too much out of looking at a score (HH's 1-1 result against Franklin and then their 5-1 loss to USN is strange).  USN's defeat of Harpeth Hall looks to be a decisive win...on paper.  I did hear that HH is down this year.  Also depends on where those games were played.  Is HH still playing on that tiny turf field?

ND and CCS will be organized...well coached teams.  What about CAK?  Any news from the west?  

5 hours ago, RedDevilsManU said:

New teams finally coming over to D2 will make things interesting. Be cool to see what rivalries develop.  Wish that all the private schools would go to D2.  Just seems to make sense.

I don't get too much out of looking at a score (HH's 1-1 result against Franklin and then their 5-1 loss to USN is strange).  USN's defeat of Harpeth Hall looks to be a decisive win...on paper.  I did hear that HH is down this year.  Also depends on where those games were played.  Is HH still playing on that tiny turf field?

ND and CCS will be organized...well coached teams.  What about CAK?  Any news from the west?  

Frankling played at HH and USN played HH at home. HH scored in the last minute with the game in hand and USN dominated most of the game per USN and HH friends whom I speak with often. Having traveled with those two fathers to soccer tournaments the last several years I'll take their opinion on the game and talent evaluation. They've seen the best ECNL has to offer.

USN is very deep with several very good travel players. The quality of those players for their club teams is impressive. White (2019) for Franklin is the states most heralded naional team player but USN's roster is top notch. It's not the high flying scoring team USN had a few years ago with their three super fast forwards but it is better overall, especially the back four and GK. 

USN is arguably the best overall D2 program in middle TN based on their roster and results. Their game this week vs Station Camp will be another one to watch. It is a tournament though so who knows how the coaches will play it?

It will take a great effort to be competitive with USN but I look forward to our kids competing against them.

Sounds like USN, CPA, BGA, CCS and ND are all considered contenders for a gold ball? The playoff seeding will clear up quite a bit these next three weeks. Lots of fun times ahead for the kids and fans. 

Best of luck to all of you guys!

all teams need b weery of ND, as has been the case for many years...if one looks on paper at there W-L and record U will b fooled....nobody plays the schedules Shim plays and that has also been the case for many many years...

....that bein said not sure they have have what it takes take the Big dance....they need to b more productive up front withg the abolity to score....but the Irish never has been a big scoring team......the best players will almost always be in the back defendin

....it will b fun to see how it pans out against these new teams

.....Goin with Big G's old team at this point

1 hour ago, Booger said:

all teams need b weery of ND, as has been the case for many years...if one looks on paper at there W-L and record U will b fooled....nobody plays the schedules Shim plays and that has also been the case for many many years...

....that bein said not sure they have have what it takes take the Big dance....they need to b more productive up front withg the abolity to score....but the Irish never has been a big scoring team......the best players will almost always be in the back defendin

Big G is a great coach no doubt but beating USN will be a very tall order.  If anyone could do it he could but injuries to his team have taken a toll. 

8 hours ago, Booger said:

Sounds like Playerscoach has some insight to middle TN soccer.  I look forward to hearing more from him.  I agree 100% with Booger.  Jim has always done an excellent job IMO with what he has and he has often entered region tournament with a horrible record, but it has been due to the teams he schedules.

CCS has a win against GPS which is impressive.  They, too, will be a team to watch.  ECS and St George are well coached and will be hard to break down, too.  

I would like to see some of the middle TN d2 teams venture out of their backyard and play some more east and west TN teams (easy for me to say as I am not footing the bill for travel).