9AA new coaches

bballinformer

So I have heard there a couple new coaches in this district for this up coming year. But didn't hear either name I expected to hear!! And definitely heard a name leave I thought would never leave!

First Coach Mason at Greenbrier was a shock, I would like to know why he left. Unless he is going back to coach college basketball. Greenbrier is his home, royalty out there

Second I thought  without a doubt Coach Petrone would leave heritage after last seasons great year. Just seemed like a good way to go out his resume is full. And if I am not mistaken they have a young coach on the bench with them? But if not I know SC old assistant coach is coaching at one of those christian schools up there in white house. I am sure he would love a shot in that district.

Third how in the world is Coach Smith not retired yet? I mean his resume is better than Petrone I have no idea why he is sticking around. I think he has done all he can do up there for them. I am not sure the reason but there has got to be one, but I know they hired that young fiery middle school coach that WH used to have. I was unaware coach Smith was back until I saw him at gallatin camp this summer. The young guy coached this tournament last year (at least the game I attended) I just assumed he would be the guy this year!

all in all Mason shocking! Petrone and Smith retire y'all have had great careers let these young guys take over and get some action! The game is changing so do the coaches, like I said previously great careers and have done well at both schools but it is time to move on or retire. We'll all go play golf or go fishing lol!!

good luck to this district; see you in the region

• 1 month later...

Well, I have followed this district for a while now....they always have quality teams and there is solid coaching going on each year (for the most part). 

Who are the teams to look out for this season? Who has the squad that is ready to make that next step? Are the Bluedevils ready to go on to the next step? What does WH-Heritage have coming back?

CCCHS is young but look athletic from what I saw this summer.

Come on everyone tell us what you think.   

No District Changes in terms of the teams I see. 

I believe CCCHS won 3 championships in the 4 years of this District. Now its time for a new 4 year alignment.

Agree with above, sometimes called a weak district, but teams are well coached, and play quality basketball usually in front of decent crowds.

White House has played in the Championship 2 years in a row now, So I would have to say they are preparing to make that step to winning the district championship, and beyond this year. I would probably say they are the favorite as they truly only lost 1 senior that scored in Cole, and a physical,  rebounding machine at the post.

I saw a couple of the teams this summer at various locations.

1) Westmoreland - after losing what 6 seniors 2 years in a row. They looked like a Junior varsity team physically when I saw them. I would say is a rebuilding year for the new coach to really implement his system and get some young guys experience , and make a move in a later season.

2) Greenbrier - Got themselves a new coach. Still seemed like an execute, execute, execute type basketball team. They did get their post player back from beech not sure what class he is, but he is now back at greenbrier. Have guards with experience. 

3) CCCHS - Looked young, but always feisty and physical. Always well coached will get better I am sure as year goes on. Younger mayberry is a player to watch.

4) WH-Heritage - Did not get to see them live. Seemed to always be the same team in summer as in season. I believe they are returning their back up point guard number 3. The light skinned post player 24, and number 12. Rest will be players that didn't play much as they were SENIOR HEAVY last year.

5) Harpeth- haven't seen. Will be their new coaches 2nd year. I thought they dropped off as year went on last year. Not sure who they lost or returning. I'm sure some shooters.

6) Sycamore- Heard that James has transferred somewhere so that hurts them moving forward. Graduated some shooters, and combo post/guard players. 

7) White House- Returning almost everyone. Their young players who have played last two years have had a successful summer. I saw them come back down 20 at half to beat Macon Co. I heard they beat Marshall county and took McGavick to overtime. They like to run and shoot the three, which makes them dangerous, but also vulnerable. 

Who would be some players to watch for this year for District MVP?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WH is the pre-season favorite no doubt.  Have they gained the maturity that was their achille's heel?  Most likely IMO.  The window of opportunity is wide open this year for them to finally get that District championship.  Heritage played great summer ball from what I heard.  I expect them to field three strong All-District performers.  Shooting will be their weakness unless somebody found a shot this summer.  PG injured in FB should be back and is one of the 3.  Short bench as well.  They could challenge WH for the championship with their very strong frontcourt.