Trousdale co vs Lebanon blue devils

Creekbank76

Havent seen the Blue Devils in a few years but last time i did, they weren't the typical 5/6A team. Their numbers looked similar to a 3/4A school and the size of the kids wasn't huge. Coach Gentry has probably brought some new energy to the squad and my perception of the Blue Devils most likely doesn't hold water. This should be a very interesting game to say the least. 2 new coaches for 2 old old rivals. Honestly I don't know if the 2 have faced each other in the past 30 years. TC should be very athletic but will its speed be fast enough to out run the Devil....  we will find out 2 weeks from today! Football Season is here baby.... #devilmeat #RTD #GATA

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

TC 28 Lebanon 24......

I don't think it will be that close I see it more of a 48-14 maybe 48-17 the yellow jackets this year have improved so much from last year on the field and on the sidelines much better team and a better coaching staff this game could be a blow out 

55 minutes ago, RTD said:

I don't think it will be that close I see it more of a 48-14 maybe 48-17 the yellow jackets this year have improved so much from last year on the field and on the sidelines much better team and a better coaching staff this game could be a blow out 

It would not surprise me if TC wins; however, a blowout against any 6A team is unlikely.

Lebanon has a top notch coaching staff, so if I was TC, I would not chalk this one up as a blowout.

16 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

It would not surprise me if TC wins; however, a blowout against any 6A team is unlikely.

Lebanon has a top notch coaching staff, so if I was TC, I would not chalk this one up as a blowout.

TC has top notch coaching staff as well now with more experience than most but a blow out to me is beating them by 21 or more Lebanon has had a few bad seasons in sure they have improved but doesn't matter how many kids you have on side line you can only put 11 players on the field at a time and Lebanon won't have more speed and as far as size goes they won't be that much bigger which size doesn't matter all that matters is the work you put in with conditioning and lifting I just see this being a 14?point win at least for TC 

30 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Croz, I agree.... The staff in Lebanon has new life.  Not to say that Harp was not a good coach (because his career record speaks for itself), but he was an outsider and I'm not sure he translated well to the kids or his staff. Lebanon is a hard place to win as its been awhile since they have had success. The kids don't have it in their blood. But Gentry comes from a good line of coaches and he should know what it takes. Question is, can he get his kids to understand it? I feel like TC will win but don't believe it will be a Blow-out. 

Edited by BCB~MVP

3 hours ago, RTD said:

I agree TC is better, but it's still 45 kids picked from 400 kids , while Lebanon will have 85 kids picked from 2,000 kids. Will be a close game. 

I say it will be around a 14 point to 28 point win for TC to me that's a blow out when a 2A beats a 6A I think most the kids that are good at Football attend Watertown since it has open enrollment for Wilson Co that takes away some of Lebanon athletes I just feel your underestimating TC and giving Lebanon to much credit because of their new coach which will have Lebanon back on track but not in first year being a bigger school doesn't make you a better team lot teams have thought that and left the creek banks with a L 

It is gonna be very interesting and both programs need to show up ready to play or face going home with a loss.

Yeah its 2A vs 6A. Throw that out the window. There were 12 games played last year by 6A teams against either 1A or 2A programs. The 6A teams were 7-5 in those games. So pretty much classification didn't matter all that much.

There are some in Lebanon that think they are gonna roll over TC because they are just too big of a school/team. They either don't know or forget that Portland and Warren County have been beaten by small schools like Westmoreland and DeKalb County. Lebanon has lost to Portland and Warren County in recent years. And Trousdale County is better than Westmoreland and Dekalb County.

There are some that think that TC is gonna roll over Lebanon mostly because Lebanon has been 6-36 the last 4 seasons. That would be a mistake to expect another 0-10 or 1-9 Lebanon team this year. They have a new coaching staff which has more support in the community and from the way it sounds more kinds are buying into this program. From what I've heard they looked pretty good in scrimmages against Stewart's Creek and Gallatin.

So yeah that new coaching staff looks like they may have things going in the right direction in Lebanon. But we will have to wait and see how it looks on the field. Because they said the same thing when Sam Harp came in and it only got them 6 wins in 4 seasons.

On 8/4/2017 at 7:36 AM, BCB~MVP said:

Havent seen the Blue Devils in a few years but last time i did, they weren't the typical 5/6A team. Their numbers looked similar to a 3/4A school and the size of the kids wasn't huge. Coach Gentry has probably brought some new energy to the squad and my perception of the Blue Devils most likely doesn't hold water. This should be a very interesting game to say the least. 2 new coaches for 2 old old rivals. Honestly I don't know if the 2 have faced each other in the past 30 years. TC should be very athletic but will its speed be fast enough to out run the Devil....  we will find out 2 weeks from today! Football Season is here baby.... #devilmeat #RTD #GATA

They haven't played since 1970. They have played 28 times with Lebanon holding the advantage 18-10 but Lebanon won mostly at the beginning and Trousdale winning mostly near the end. Trousdale County won the last 3 times they played in 1968-1970 and won easy in 1969 and 1970.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, RTD said:

Wait a minute Hoss............Reckon the Blue Devils have improved from last year on the field and on the sidelines?  And a much better coaching staff?

Just how many times have you seen Lebanon this year? Last year?

TC may win, but 21-31 points? Yea, TC has a new Coach and some of the same ones that's been there a while. Lebanon has a whole new staff.......nobody knows what to expect.