Polk County @ Copper Basin

ValleyTroll

5 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

I think the last time they played each other was 2004. CB dropped Polk the following year. Yes, Coach Davis is still the head coach. His staff has changed a good bit, but his dad still helps. Coach Davis is a great dude and great coach. He and his staff are first class! Go Wildcats!

Glad his dad is doing better.  Last I heard he was going through some health problems.  One thing not many can beat Polk in is the beauty of the stadium, with the mountain in the background (behind the visitors' stands).  In fact, I remember telling that to Derrick when I met him.  Polk is one of those teams I have no connection to but always cheer for.  

3 hours ago, BillVol said:

Glad his dad is doing better.  Last I heard he was going through some health problems.  One thing not many can beat Polk in is the beauty of the stadium, with the mountain in the background (behind the visitors' stands).  In fact, I remember telling that to Derrick when I met him.  Polk is one of those teams I have no connection to but always cheer for.  

Right you are. We are truly blessed with one of the prettiest places to watch high school football in the state. 

• Upvote 1

It's finally game week. I thought Polk looked really good against Loudon in the jamboree, outside of the goal line fumble of course. PC moved the ball right down the field twice. I'm going to hold off on a score prediction for a couple of days. The buzz around town is all about this game. Hope it's an injury free, hard hitting, and exciting game for both sides. These communities deserve that. Go Wildcats!

2 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

Alright, score prediction time. I'm going to say that this one will be closer than people think, simply because it's a rivalry game. Go Wildcats!

Polk-35

Copper Basin-14

It shouldn't be this close. I'm going with Polk County by at least 28 points. Possible mercy rule coming on Friday in Polk County. 

49 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It shouldn't be this close. I'm going with Polk County by at least 28 points. Possible mercy rule coming on Friday in Polk County. 

I could see that happening too. If PC comes out like they did in the Walker Valley scrimmage, look out! It could get ugly, and quick.

5 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

I could see that happening too. If PC comes out like they did in the Walker Valley scrimmage, look out! It could get ugly, and quick.

I remember when my coach, Dave Baxter took me in 1985 to watch this game to scout basin, it was a good game and heated rivary. Hope y'all have great time 

• Upvote 1