Spring Hill

BooWhoWiseMan

On 12/4/2017 at 3:49 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I have heard rumors the last few weeks.  Couple assistant coaches betrayed him from what I hear.  Sad to see.  Unbelievable.  There is real attitude/character problem.  Looks like I will throw my support to a school that teaches character.  Suggestions??lol

So, Spring Hill had Mutiny as well as Blackman?  Wow, Assistant coaches need to understand their place and be faithful & loyal.  Unreal

1 hour ago, ocac said:

So, Spring Hill had Mutiny as well as Blackman?  Wow, Assistant coaches need to understand their place and be faithful & loyal.  Unreal

Johnny knows any school will struggle when coaches dont get along... admin should let HC pick majority of his guys. When them holdovers stay too long things go bad. 

Johnny Just Sayin

I find it interesting that Coach E is said to have not been ready to be a head coach, that he was not ready to change, that with the athletes Spring Hill should have done better, and this Martin fella is the man to get SH back to where they should be. Coach E had two winning seasons back to back. Tell me the last SH coach that had a better two year record. Ill wait. Also getting SH back to where they should be......exactly where is that? Again tell me the last time SH had back to back winning seasons. Two good coaches in a row have left. Maybe its not the head coaches.

As far as the assistants, most don't realize all that goes into being a HC unless they have done it before.

Talent hides a lot of issues. Emmons came into the best collection of talent at SH in at least 10-12 years if not longer. With that he managed to finish in 4th place and 3rd place in the region. He benefited from a very weak sister region in the playoffs, as two years in a row the region swept in the first round. Emmons was a weak HC and the administration and fans had no reason to see anymore of the same. The staff would have to be fools no to see the same, my assumption is that they agreed with the consensus and we're thus branded traitors instead of liars. 

As to why Martin? Simply put, if he were to get the job he would put those kids 1st. Taking the job in the first place would likely mean him leaving a job that pays way more than he could make in the school system. I don't know many who would be willing to do that.

So how many offers has all of this talent received and from what schools. And just to make sure its very clear, I am an outsider that is just interested in what the problems at SH really are. I do not have any connection to any of the current or former coaches. Just seems like everyone always says SH has talent but the wins don't come. Now they finally do and all of the sudden they should have done even better.

Someone said getting SH back where they should be. When was SH good or better than the past two years.

2009 8-3

district record 6-1 (runner up)

2 losses during regular season to 4a state champion and 5a state runner up

2017 3-2

2016 2-3

i think that is pretty good.... it can be done. Admin has to buy in and give in on some control.... staff, facilities, schedule, in school lifting program

cant hold it at a high level unless those things are done 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

So how many offers has all of this talent received and from what schools. And just to make sure its very clear, I am an outsider that is just interested in what the problems at SH really are. I do not have any connection to any of the current or former coaches. Just seems like everyone always says SH has talent but the wins don't come. Now they finally do and all of the sudden they should have done even better.

Someone said getting SH back where they should be. When was SH good or better than the past two years.

Smith the running back is committed to Georgia Tech. 

Justin Oden was seen as a really good receiving prospect.  Think his stock dropped a good bit when pads went on. 

They had another Oden that a recruiting site ranked as a 4 star right before the current coach got there.  

That's a good bit of talent for the area.  Spring Hill had 3 Division 1/FBS level talents that were all on the same team.  Marshall County and Giles have produced 5 total Division 1/FBS level players from my quick glance over the past 10 years.  I might have left out a few that ended up at smaller schools, but I think I counted most of them.

3 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I knew the Smith kid had several offers and verbally committed to GT. That's awesome for him and I really enjoyed watching him.

Where did the others have offers from. It doesn't really matter if a site has them a 4 star player unless they have offers which I assume a 4 star would.

Older Oden committed to Rutgers.  Think that he had a committable offer from Louisville.  I remember seeing Tennessee and some other bigger schools offer younger Oden, but I'm not sure if he had any actual "offers" from those schools.

Edited by mcfan10