Spring Hill

BooWhoWiseMan

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

What was the record in 2008 and 2010. Remember I asked for two consecutive years. Also you really can't go by district/region records because they change every other year.

Region and / or district record is all that matters according to TSSAA unless considering tie breakers

Edited by 8ManFront

the Point that you seem to be missing is what was written after the stats of 2009

unless admin changes the attitude and gets on board as far as letting the head coach choose his staff (hire / fire) and allows the HC control of schedule and makes it so they can lift during school hours the ability to MAINTAIN success is impossible.

There have been good coaches to come in there and temporarily fix the problem but they can’t maintain it because the admin doesn’t care enough to allow them what is needed to maintain success

how do you keep a good coach when he is not given what he needs or is promised?

Throwing a 2 year record out there means no more than me throwing a one year record out there. There were NO division 1 recruits on the team I mentioned. 

Why did Emmons leave? I guarantee you he was not getting what he was promised in the beginning. 

Edited by 8ManFront

26 minutes ago, 8ManFront said:

the Point that you seem to be missing is what was written after the stats of 2009

unless admin changes the attitude and gets on board as far as letting the head coach choose his staff (hire / fire) and allows the HC control of schedule and makes it so they can lift during school hours the ability to MAINTAIN success is impossible.

There have been good coaches to come in there and temporarily fix the problem but they can’t maintain it because the admin doesn’t care enough to allow them what is needed to maintain success

how do you keep a good coach when he is not given what he needs or is promised?

Throwing a 2 year record out there means no more than me throwing a one year record out there. There were NO division 1 recruits on the team I mentioned. 

Why did Emmons leave? I guarantee you he was not getting what he was promised in the beginning. 

Sometimes the school administration does support athletics and school district does not.  No matter how "pro-athletics" your principal is if the central office and school board do not believe athletics are important then your program will struggle.  And the number of districts that see athletics as important and vital to the school is shrinking every year.

2 minutes ago, URSUS said:

Sometimes the school administration does support athletics and school district does not.  No matter how "pro-athletics" your principal is if the central office and school board do not believe athletics are important then your program will struggle.  And the number of districts that see athletics as important and vital to the school is shrinking every year.

Agreed and then some especially in Maury County

6 minutes ago, ocac said:

Not sure why some think Spring Hill can be good consistently.  Since 2001 (17 seasons), they are 55-125 with only 2 winning seasons in that span.  2 seasons with 0 wins, 3 seasons with only 1 win and 2 seasons with only 2 wins.  Huge hill to climb.  

Because the talent is there. Look at Marshall and Giles County. Two similar programs that are awful without the proper coaches and pretty darn good with quality coaches. 

1 hour ago, W.I.T. said:

Because the talent is there. Look at Marshall and Giles County. Two similar programs that are awful without the proper coaches and pretty darn good with quality coaches. 

True statement.  That entire area is loaded with talent and has been for years.  Columbia, SH, Lewisburg, and Pulaski are all prime athletic hotbeds.   Coaching and community support is what sets each one apart from the other.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, purple75gold said:

This was just a reflection of a guy taking a job that was not ready to be a head coach.  The kids not wanting to play because it was cold was a direct reflection of him not having any control of the players. 13-12 with the talent on this team is a travesty.   Yeah they made it to the third and second round but that was because of the talent on the field and not his coaching.  They were .500 during the regular season both seasons when they should've been challenging marshall for the region each year. 

The powers that be shouldn't have to look to far to find the replacement since they already made him the interim head coach.  Ben Martin is the right person to take Spring Hill back to where they should be.  He will be great for the kids and the community of Spring Hill. 

Johnny hears this Martin man is the front runner for the job, but aint he one of the 2 assistants left from previous coach? Word is Emmons was forced to keep 2 assistants on staff, and those were the guys who went Julius Caesar style on em. 

a3266469-0e26-4d46-953a-2c76c54f5e6d-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1