NCAA xfer shake up

Bump11

Philosophy here:

What is the TSSAA actually trying to prevent with all of these rules?  

Are they trying to limit transfers related to "athletic reasons"?  Surely an athletic-driven transfers could prosper a better situation - most do, but it's still an athletic transfer.

Let's be real:  training with another HS coach significantly increases the propensity to transfer, albeit preparation  practices, competitions, camps, etc.  That's when the dialogue is natural and comfortable, when the relationships are developing, and, IMO, the real thing the TSSAA is trying to prevent happens:  honest recruiting.  

If a parent gets a job transfer and the family has to go with them, that's one thing.  But if a parent looks for a job after an athlete moves with a "friend" and starts school, and subsequently locks in a plan to move the entire family over time, to support one child to attend a program with a productive competitive relationship forged over the summer practicing and competing in a dual while other children attend the present hometown school, then that sounds like a coordinated move for athletic reasons with a coaching link.  

Again, what is the TSSAA trying to prevent with all of these rules?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KingGreene said:

Nathan Wysong- Science Hill> Cleveland 

Grant Lundy- East Hamilton> Cleveland 

Garrett Bowers- Cleveland> CBHS

Those are the three I am aware of. 

There are three high profile transfers and all of them have one thing in common; Cleveland High School!  We will see how deeply the TSSAA wants to investigate ALL three of these transfers.  I am not confident that the TSSAA has the resources or desire to take part in any type of investigation involving wrestling.  If this were football or basketball they would be right in the middle of everything but I am not sure they really care about wrestling.  

Edited by cbg

I can assure you that with the Wysong situation, there was no foul play or bad blood. He is in a military family and that family has had to make a lot of tough decisions. This will be his 3rd school in 3 years. However, if the TSSAA enforces the rules they have in place, he will be ruled ineligible this season. I cannot speak for the other two situations although I have heard from more credible sources than Fooseball95 that Lundy has already been ruled ineligible.... Regardless, that will be two studs added to Cleveland's lineup the following season. 

Edited by KingGreene