Top teams in A

tonym3143

9 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

What part of Arkansas? What time does Humboldt  time play Saturday in the Jamboree at CC? Starting time for the Whitestation game?

Once, I get details about forest City, Arkansas tournament, I will post! I think they play at 3:15 against CC on Saturday & time of game against Whitestation hasn't been posted yet!!

On 11/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, JungleJim125 said:

Thank you so much!

Humboldt plays Hall, Arkansas out of Little Rock on Thanksgiving day at 5pm! Halls High school is a 6A school & Southwind out of memphis is the other Tennessee  team playing in tournament! Others schools are from Alabama, Louisiana & Mississippi with Humboldt being the smallest school in tournament! I like the fact that Humboldt is playing in two (2) tournaments out of state & teams like Brownsville, liberty & white station which will only make them better!! 

Humboldt loses to Liberty 71-65, Humboldt has the inside scoring but no guards like last year! It's going to be a long season when teams pack paint to stop Jones & Pankey! Guards had more turnovers then points & no outside shooting! I predicted that they would lose seven (7) games but after watching them tonight I'm going to say ten (10) losses this year! 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt will have a lot of depth & size for a 1a school, if the guards can step up they will be tuff to beat with Anthony Jones & Justin Pankey down low. The transfer is originally from Humboldt, him & his brother played for Bradford last year but will give the Vikings a deep bench. Hopefully, this year team will finish strong & continue to play great team defense & unselfishness in order to have a chance to make it to the Boro!!! Humboldt is playing a tough schedule this year, Brownsville, liberty, Memphis Whitestation & plays in a tournament in Arkansas & Missouri against larger schools so they will be battle tested. Humboldt scrimmaged Dickson County & Lexington and won both games, beat DC by twenty (20) plus & Lexington by nine (9).

If they can stay focused and coach not let them lose control. Saw them in Dyersburg against Gibson Co and center from Gibson Co pushed I think #43 in the back and he turned and pushed guy in the chest. Tech called on him.Coach started screaming that guy pushed him first. That yall, talking about officials should have seen that..Got heated.Then he slammed one,held onto the rim and taunted a player. Then another hard foul on another player later going to the basket. Coach putting his finger in his players face hollering at him .Then the big guy was go down the floor clapping in a taunting form every time a call made against Humboldt. College coaches wouldn't touch him with his actions Sat.Going to eventually be trouble if the coach lets him keep playing that way .No doubt he is talented.But big crowd,close contested game,could lead to trouble.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt loses to Liberty 71-65, Humboldt has the inside scoring but no guards like last year! It's going to be a long season when teams pack paint to stop Jones & Pankey! Guards had more turnovers then points & no outside shooting! I predicted that they would lose seven (7) games but after watching them tonight I'm going to say ten (10) losses this year! 

I agree the Vikes need to get some outside shooting. Coach will work on that and get it straighten out. If not it will a tough year for Humboldt!

17 hours ago, mrbigster said:

If they can stay focused and coach not let them lose control. Saw them in Dyersburg against Gibson Co and center from Gibson Co pushed I think #43 in the back and he turned and pushed guy in the chest. Tech called on him.Coach started screaming that guy pushed him first. That yall, talking about officials should have seen that..Got heated.Then he slammed one,held onto the rim and taunted a player. Then another hard foul on another player later going to the basket. Coach putting his finger in his players face hollering at him .Then the big guy was go down the floor clapping in a taunting form every time a call made against Humboldt. College coaches wouldn't touch him with his actions Sat.Going to eventually be trouble if the coach lets him keep playing that way .No doubt he is talented.But big crowd,close contested game,could lead to trouble.

8 hours ago, orangefuzz said:

3 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

I heard he was a transfer from Martin.

Yes,I don't think hes a 6 10 transfer like I heard but they did get a transfer from Martin.Got the best shooter MCmillian .I had heard he started at Union City, then transferred to Martin and now Union City gave his mother a job at the school. Union City will do anything to recruit players whether get them a job at the school or get them jobs at Titan Tire, Tyson Foods etc..If you are unemployed and have a son that can play ball then Union City has a job for you. Isnt that right Chipper...lol

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, mrbigster said:

Union City is way far from being down.  They will play 12 deep, loaded with shooters and can run the floor.    Already beaten Covington at their place.  e had a freshman lead all scorers last night against Gibson County with 22 points.  The McMillan players from Westview transferred over and only made what was going to be a strong team stronger.  U C will be just fine and a team that should make some serious noise in the district, regional and even state tournament.  We have kids who can fill the basket from 30 feet, one right after another.  We have like 5 shoot guards and kids who can penetrate and create their won shot.  They are fun to watch and a team many feel to make some noise.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, mrbigster said:

Yes,I don't think hes a 6 10 transfer like I heard but they did get a transfer from Martin.Got the best shooter MCmillian .I had heard he started at Union City, then transferred to Martin and now Union City gave his mother a job at the school. Union City will do anything to recruit players whether get them a job at the school or get them jobs at Titan Tire, Tyson Foods etc..If you are unemployed and have a son that can play ball then Union City has a job for you. Isnt that right Chipper...lol

Sorta like Dburg and Dyer County do to poor LC...Maybe yall should be giving out jobs to Dairy Queen...:D

Harriman may very well make another run to the tourney without Grace and Meigs in the region.. Uknoit can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Region 1 will be that strong.. I really like how Coach Shannon is running things here and watching the defensive upgrade with the extra practice time before tournament last year our team transformed into a solid defense on top of good scorers at the right time.. The Sophomore class at Harriman right now has always competed at a high level in basketball and are going to get to get some clock and develop at the high school level on top of already having some good pieces taking over too. We are playing some  good teams right out of the gate as well. That being said Region 2 preseason top 4 imo 1/2. CF/Oakdale.. Parker McKinney getting healthy is key for CF. He and Jackson Hicks from Oakdale are two game changing players in this region that is why I think they are top 2 for now. 3rd Harriman has dropped some really close games against good teams but they will compete for Region. 4th Warburg.. Their HC is one of the better coaches in the area never underestimate them

Edited by bluedevil6913
Spelling