Tracy Malone at Austin-East

BillVol

Malone had a great season at East Ridge a few years ago finishing the regular season undefeated (not easy to do in Chattanooga where the privates scoop up all the talent).  He then went to Whitwell for a season.  Before all of that, he had been at Riverdale and at schools in Alabama and Georgia.  Apparently, he was burned out and went into private business as a real estate agent after Whitwell.  The coaching bug got him again and he is now at Austin-East.  He really connects with high schoolers and is a fine field coach.  I don't know what the talent is like at A-E these days.  But if it ever returns to how it was during the days of the McKenzies and Leroy Thompson, and others, it could be interesting.  

Edited by BillVol

2 hours ago, BillVol said:

Malone had a great season at East Ridge a few years ago finishing the regular season undefeated (not easy to do in Chattanooga where the privates scoop up all the talent).  He then went to Whitwell for a season.  Before all of that, he had been at Riverdale and at schools in Alabama and Georgia.  Apparently, he was burned out and went into private business as a real estate agent after Whitwell.  The coaching bug got him again and he is now at Austin-East.  He really connects with high schoolers and is a fine field coach.  I don't know what the talent is like at A-E these days.  But if it ever returns to how it was during the days of the McKenzies and Leroy Thompson, and others, it could be interesting.  

1 hour ago, BillVol said:

I'm sorry.  He's an assistant.

and the Knoxville privates and open zoned schools ant scooping up all the talent up there......HC or assistant, it dont matter...

there wernt no players from The Gateway to Southeast TN and the confines of Pioneer Academy startin on any them 2 private teams that ER played on Malones 1 great year and ER's 1st winning season in 7 years...especially wernt no ER starters startin on that one Private school that spanked them in the 1/4-finals.....and the other private, the one ER beat twice sure ant robbin chattanooga PUBS of any talent

Tracy is a likable feller and wish him the best of luck

Booger just sayin  :popcorneater:

Edited by Booger

4 hours ago, Booger said:

and the Knoxville privates and open zoned schools ant scooping up all the talent up there......HC or assistant, it dont matter...

there wernt no players from The Gateway to Southeast TN and the confines of Pioneer Academy startin on any them 2 private teams that ER played on Malones 1 great year and ER's 1st winning season in 7 years...especially wernt no ER starters startin on that one Private school that spanked them in the 1/4-finals.....and the other private, the one ER beat twice sure ant robbin chattanooga PUBS of any talent

Tracy is a likable feller and wish him the best of luck

Booger just sayin  :popcorneater:

Wow, good info.  I take what you say as true, but players zoned for places like ER, Hixson, Red Bank, or Soddy-Daisy often wind up at the big privates in town, which would hurt those publics in the playoffs, which I'm sure you know.  Didn't Notre Dame knock ER out that year?  Surprising that they had none from the ER zone.  

1 hour ago, BillVol said:

Wow, good info.  I take what you say as true, but players zoned for places like ER, Hixson, Red Bank, or Soddy-Daisy often wind up at the big privates in town, which would hurt those publics in the playoffs, which I'm sure you know.  Didn't Notre Dame knock ER out that year?  Surprising that they had none from the ER zone.  

yep..the Irish did knock out ER of the playoffs that year.....ER also beat the Irish in game 7 of that season......is there an Argument there?.....ND also got knocked out in the semi-finals that year by a PUB.....so the private didnt prevail and go on to win the Gold Ball...the PUB won the Gold ball.....wheres the private robbed the PUBS to win a championship argument....its just a crutch for sum PUBS when they lose to a private

Booger just sayin :D

FYI, I'm 100% against a public-private split and the zillions of classifications we have today.  IMO we should have no split and should go back to three classes.  I couldn't tell you what class my own high school is in anymore without looking it up.  As a fan, it has severely affected my interest of HS FB. IMO it is the fault of the public school system that the privates dominate. That said, many kids zoned for publics do wind up at privates in today's environment (and who can blame them?).  Regarding the above, maybe a star football player living on Tombras Avenue in ER, who could have helped the Pioneers in the playoffs, instead attended Mc or B or Boyd or Silverdale.  Again, hard to blame the kid, if so.  Yes, ER did beat ND in regular season.  But they also lost in playoffs.  Look forward to following your posts here.  Guessing you either live in Chatty or are a huge follower of HS FB -- or both.