Mitchell at Whitehaven

kwc

6 hours ago, Galilee said:

KWC here I am. Will not make game this year, my first time missing classic while living in Memphis. We must find our offense. Defense will be good but against the Mighty Whitehaven we feel like what the spies said after scouting the promise land o Moses, "The Giants are so big that we are like grasshoppers in their eyes"

LOL ... not all of those spies felt that way, if memory serves me correctly.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Galilee said:

I knew our offense would have problems against WH athletes. I was told that the defense gave them all they wanted. WH depth will wear out most 6A teams. Man they are loaded with a lot of young talent. My Frat DannyQ  is correct, you better get them this year.

I didn't get there until halftime. It was 20 to 0 when I arrived. The Whitehaven 'O' is working out the kinks. It's a brand new thing ... 0 returning starters. Not to mention, there were portions of the game that was just plain weird. I'm talking officiating here. I have to be honest ... there were stretches were there were calls against Whitehaven that I have NEVER, EVER witnessed in a football game. I was bewildered, to say the least.

That being stated ... I give props to Mitchell's 'D'. They battled. Their D-line gave our O-line problems throughout the 2nd half. Big props.

Edited by kwc

3 hours ago, coach10ac said:

The changes this year will hurt and take a will to get used to if at all...the way crack back blocks are allowed has changed . You now must lead with your hands. No more de-cleaters, or pancakes on crack backs!! It was basically why the pick six hit called back

Are you trying to tell me that those series of strange and unusual call's were all cracking back relatef? If memory serves me correctly, there were about four or five in a row, back-to-back. 

No I didn say they all were but I know the one on the pick six was. ..I'm not sure what was the correct terminology for that call. Unless they just calling it like a block in the back call. If it has something to do with blocking, if it's not holding then there is a good chance that's what it is....for as long as I can remember we were to put people in the dirt now they're trying to change all that. ...may as well play flag football...they wrong for that. 

17 hours ago, coach10ac said:

The changes this year will hurt and take a will to get used to if at all...the way crack back blocks are allowed has changed . You now must lead with your hands. No more de-cleaters, or pancakes on crack backs!! It was basically why the pick six hit called back

You have to lead with your hands??? They want folks to break their wrist instead of using their equipment?