What About A?

AlcoaDad

22 hours ago, AlcoaDad said:

Does anyone know about the Division A teams? We are in A now and we don't know much about it.

:motorbike:

Alcoa is one of the largest class A teams in the state.......and in my opinion one of the best.  I think the Lady Tornado's will be at the Boro in October.  We are down a little from last year...especially right now with 4 injuries and 2 of them are strong starters.  Pre-season was brutal on us.  We are coming to you next Tuesday, look forward to a good game.  I think it will be a close one. 

23 hours ago, Ram Fan said:

Alcoa is one of the largest class A teams in the state.......and in my opinion one of the best.  I think the Lady Tornado's will be at the Boro in October.  We are down a little from last year...especially right now with 4 injuries and 2 of them are strong starters.  Pre-season was brutal on us.  We are coming to you next Tuesday, look forward to a good game.  I think it will be a close one. 

Hi, My friend. We always enjoy playing you folks. It helps us to see where we are. You are always well coached and a fun team to play. It is always nice to play good hard nosed soccer without drama.  You always have fine your ladies that represent the school and the Lord in a quality manner.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our girls. They are all fine young ladies and we just hope we as coaches dont mess them up too bad!

It will be good to "lace 'em up" with you folks next week!

Ask for Coach Terry, I would enjoy officially meeting you!

On 8/17/2017 at 9:37 PM, AlcoaDad said:

Hi, My friend. We always enjoy playing you folks. It helps us to see where we are. You are always well coached and a fun team to play. It is always nice to play good hard nosed soccer without drama.  You always have fine your ladies that represent the school and the Lord in a quality manner.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our girls. They are all fine young ladies and we just hope we as coaches dont mess them up too bad!

It will be good to "lace 'em up" with you folks next week!

Ask for Coach Terry, I would enjoy officially meeting you!

You're welcome and thank you for the kind words too.  Did you happen to come to the Alcoa at Grace football game Thursday night?  If so, not sure which gate you came in but I was running the gate at the top of the hill beside the weight room, not the main ticket booth.  Was a really good game for a little over 2 quarters, I thought our boys played really well. I know that fumble we had inside the 5 about to score really hurt us and seemed to let the air out of us.  Still, no shame in that loss against you guys.  We are really glad to have coach Bradley at GCA.  

Sure thing, I'll ask for a coach Terry next Tuesday.  I hope we can find the back of the net, we tied Knox-Central tonight 0-0.  That just seems so different to us as we could score on anyone the past 3-4 years but when you lose a young lady that scored 76 goals last year in a single season....it kind of spoils you....lol.  She's currently playing at the University of Arkansas on a full ride.....and doing really well. Hey, that's what they call graduation though....it's gonna happen to all of them.  For right now though we just have to get healthy and I'm hoping by Labor Day I will have a couple of my girls back before we hit our district schedule.

Good talking to you and I wish the Lady Tornado's the best of luck this season....except for next Tuesday of course. :)

On 8/18/2017 at 11:26 PM, Ram Fan said:

You're welcome and thank you for the kind words too.  Did you happen to come to the Alcoa at Grace football game Thursday night?  If so, not sure which gate you came in but I was running the gate at the top of the hill beside the weight room, not the main ticket booth.  Was a really good game for a little over 2 quarters, I thought our boys played really well. I know that fumble we had inside the 5 about to score really hurt us and seemed to let the air out of us.  Still, no shame in that loss against you guys.  We are really glad to have coach Bradley at GCA.  

Sure thing, I'll ask for a coach Terry next Tuesday.  I hope we can find the back of the net, we tied Knox-Central tonight 0-0.  That just seems so different to us as we could score on anyone the past 3-4 years but when you lose a young lady that scored 76 goals last year in a single season....it kind of spoils you....lol.  She's currently playing at the University of Arkansas on a full ride.....and doing really well. Hey, that's what they call graduation though....it's gonna happen to all of them.  For right now though we just have to get healthy and I'm hoping by Labor Day I will have a couple of my girls back before we hit our district schedule.

Good talking to you and I wish the Lady Tornado's the best of luck this season....except for next Tuesday of course. :)

It was a very hard fought game 0-0. I really give props to that defender that almost killed herself to get that slow roller right before it crossed the goal line. She really sold out for Grace. As it was, she and an Alcoa player ended up on top of each other in the back of the net. Great hustle play. 

Our player was crushed she missed the PK. This was a hard fought game, no crying or whining. That is what I like about playing you guys. 

I wish you folks luck the rest of the season. I hope you do well in your District. It is always a pleasure to play you. 

59 minutes ago, AlcoaDad said:

It was a very hard fought game 0-0. I really give props to that defender that almost killed herself to get that slow roller right before it crossed the goal line. She really sold out for Grace. As it was, she and an Alcoa player ended up on top of each other in the back of the net. Great hustle play. 

Our player was crushed she missed the PK. This was a hard fought game, no crying or whining. That is what I like about playing you guys. 

I wish you folks luck the rest of the season. I hope you do well in your District. It is always a pleasure to play you. 

Thank you sir.  I would say that the fans were not disappointed as they definitely got their money's worth tonight.  Yes I agree about the goal line save, she definitely sold out for us.  I told her after the game that it should be on the ESPN highlight reel....lol.  Definitely a great hustle play.  Like I said in a previous post, I feel very comfortable defensively but we just cannot find the net right now.  When our starting forward is released to play.....hopefully right after Labor Day....I think we will start seeing results but until then.....we have a tournament this weekend, then travel to Oak Ridge and Anderson County High next week.  Just hope defensively we can hold up?  We are now 1-0-2 and those two ties are both 0-0 scores.  We definitely like playing you guys as well because  we know that it will be a test and will help both teams.  You have a classy bunch of hard working young ladies and we wish you the best of luck the rest of the season.  I will say this, we have now played a good, and huge,  class AAA team (Jefferson County), a really good class AA team (Knox Central), and a very talented and very good class A team (Alcoa), hands down, the Lady Tornadoes were the best we have faced thus far........I don't see anyone in class A that can hang with you.  We made it to the Elite 8 state tournament last season and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the Boro.....I'd say go ahead and give them a call and book it because if your girls stay healthy...it's a sure thing. 

Thanks, we will be pulling for you guys.