Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It seems as though a lot of people are wanting Tate gone. Losing to East Hickman in that fashion is simply pitiful. 

It's truly sad that our kids take such a low priority like they do here. Losing has become a habit, it's starting to be accepted and the norm in our athletic programs across the board. 

6 hours ago, BamaRules said:

It's truly sad that our kids take such a low priority like they do here. Losing has become a habit, it's starting to be accepted and the norm in our athletic programs across the board. 

I beg to differ. This is what the bass team did last year...

4 statewide tournament wins out of 7 events.
First female tournament winner in a major statewide tournament.
Statewide points champions. Team Kyle.
6 boats qualified to BASS Nationals. Most of any school in the country and in nationals history.
Team Kyle - All State
Kyle Palmer - All American
Kyle Ingleburger - TN Tech's first ever fishing scholarship.
Kyle Palmer - Fishing Scholarship Bethel University.

Of course there's those out there that think we're "just fishing" and it doesn't take any skill to do what my kids do. If that's the case then football only has skill for quarterbacks and kickers and the rest are just running around grabbing each other.....kinda like golf is just hitting a ball in a hole with a stick. 

Sorry. Didn't mean to squirrel the conversation.

DL.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:00 AM, Justmy2cents said:

As long as Grundy has tate as a coach, you are not gonna win or be revalant. I now that's harsh, but the truth hurts. And until someone one the mountain grows a pair and fires him, nothing will ever change. 

Well truth hurts. I wish they would fire him today. 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:52 AM, bwhite1965 said:

That is pathetic of him. The kids do not have faith in him.

No they don't. Look at the coaches that's quit on him. The basketball coach was helping he quit before  the jamboree, I didn't go back because I was afraid I'd end up punching him in lying cocky mouth. He's impossible to like because he thinks he knows everything. I hope they fire him today 

1 hour ago, Jnutz2 said:

No they don't. Look at the coaches that's quit on him. The basketball coach was helping he quit before  the jamboree, I didn't go back because I was afraid I'd end up punching him in lying cocky mouth. He's impossible to like because he thinks he knows everything. I hope they fire him today 

He will be there as long as that administration is in. I made numerous calls and it's we need to give him one more year, one more year. Things just get swept under the rug here. A lot of things happen in that fieldhouse that would've gotten even a college coach fired...not our God Tate. I've lost faith in our system. 

24 minutes ago, bwhite1965 said:

He will be there as long as that administration is in. I made numerous calls and it's we need to give him one more year, one more year. Things just get swept under the rug here. A lot of things happen in that fieldhouse that would've gotten even a college coach fired...not our God Tate. I've lost faith in our system. 

2-19 the south Grundy bulldogs would have fired him by now, but not our high school. Administration is useless maybe when grundy doesn't have enough players by next year to play they'll hire someone. If Grundy wants a coach worth a darn they'll have to pay them more than the $6000 a year. You get what you pay for. 

21 hours ago, GCHSFAN24 said:

Must be that dang Bryant Losers Limp that Tate told the whole county. At this rate Tate will have to coach 25 plus years to catch Nick's wins. Tate=1 win per year.

lol I forgot about him saying that. The Bryant's would have won this division if they would've left them alone

11 hours ago, DelTavian said:

I beg to differ. This is what the bass team did last year...

4 statewide tournament wins out of 7 events.
First female tournament winner in a major statewide tournament.
Statewide points champions. Team Kyle.
6 boats qualified to BASS Nationals. Most of any school in the country and in nationals history.
Team Kyle - All State
Kyle Palmer - All American
Kyle Ingleburger - TN Tech's first ever fishing scholarship.
Kyle Palmer - Fishing Scholarship Bethel University.

Of course there's those out there that think we're "just fishing" and it doesn't take any skill to do what my kids do. If that's the case then football only has skill for quarterbacks and kickers and the rest are just running around grabbing each other.....kinda like golf is just hitting a ball in a hole with a stick. 

Sorry. Didn't mean to squirrel the conversation.

DL.

All I'm stating is facts. What has Grundy done to acknowledge those kids that has won all the stuff you mentioned? The kids you were mentioning here co-op here and doesn't even attend Grundy.  Therefore are not affected by this limp. Face it unless changes are made nothing's ever gonna change here. 

22 minutes ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

In my honest opinion grundy has to clean house. Do more to promote football.  Make some sort of change. Colors, logo, something??? Do something to light a fire and ignite the community.. idk maybe I sound crazy..

It doesn't sound crazy at all, but it'll never get better until they fire every single coach on that staff. Kids tell me all the time that if Casey was gone they'd play. 

1 minute ago, Jnutz2 said:

It doesn't sound crazy at all, but it'll never get better until they fire every single coach on that staff. Kids tell me all the time that if Casey was gone they'd play. 

I feel like there are always exceptional athletes and also usually have some size. With decent coaching and someone to push them mountain boys in the weight room there is a possibility of some decent football up there!!! Just gotta get things in order first.