Friendship Christian at Trousdale County

2 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Reynard, how long will the TC coach last apparently making bad decisions. This week it must of caused a TC loss. Id say his days are numbered. I hope he keeps plenty gas in his car.

That's just funny.  I looked for that "free gas" after the game but couldn't find any.  Must be a local thing.  Did enjoy good BBQ at Pig Pen's.  Great dinner.

FCS needs to enjoy the moment but move on.  Long road trip to Chattanooga next week.  Focus on the game next week not the big one on 9/15.

Edited by AlbertPine

9 hours ago, Volzchamps said:

Rankin is a good player and appeared to be TC's best on defense.  I saw his performance vs Lebanon and no way he is their best weapon offensively.  Just like he wasn't the best player on the field Friday night.  

If memory serves me correct the score may have been even worse had FC not taken knees deep in TC territory rather than punching another score in.  To say TC is better than FC or "we'll see who goes further" is akin to whining like LHS has done all this past wk about being better than TC.  I'm calling BS on both statements.  

You mean to tell me FC was taking a knee at the end on the sweatbees? 

12 hours ago, Volzchamps said:

Rankin is a good player and appeared to be TC's best on defense.  I saw his performance vs Lebanon and no way he is their best weapon offensively.  Just like he wasn't the best player on the field Friday night.  

If memory serves me correct the score may have been even worse had FC not taken knees deep in TC territory rather than punching another score in.  To say TC is better than FC or "we'll see who goes further" is akin to whining like LHS has done all this past wk about being better than TC.  I'm calling BS on both statements.  

Rankins is the best player in defense and on offense to me that's my opinion he is a leader he has been since he step foot on TC field in peewee Kevon is just as good too also but to me when comes to speed and power and what and far as could been worse I could say take two unforced special team fumbles away it would have been 16-7 tc win FC only scored one touchdown with out TC turning ball over in their own side of the field so the would have could have doesn't matter and if your memory was so great you would have remembered the 15 yard personal foul that help FC get that deep into territory and no at end of year FC won't win their region or even make it past second round of the playoffs which TC should do both and as far as Lebanon goes they lost that agrument when they lost Friday night in not whining in the end this games doesn't matter at all to what really counts all it was a game against a hated rival that was a good game and a game that will help TC when it comes playoff time 

11 hours ago, RTD said:

Rankins is the best player in defense and on offense to me that's my opinion he is a leader he has been since he step foot on TC field in peewee Kevon is just as good too also but to me when comes to speed and power and what and far as could been worse I could say take two unforced special team fumbles away it would have been 16-7 tc win FC only scored one touchdown with out TC turning ball over in their own side of the field so the would have could have doesn't matter and if your memory was so great you would have remembered the 15 yard personal foul that help FC get that deep into territory and no at end of year FC won't win their region or even make it past second round of the playoffs which TC should do both and as far as Lebanon goes they lost that agrument when they lost Friday night in not whining in the end this games doesn't matter at all to what really counts all it was a game against a hated rival that was a good game and a game that will help TC when it comes playoff time 

So without all of the actual plays, TC would have won.  Great breakdown of football. Turns out those plays won the game.  20-16 is the only stat that counts.

12 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

So without all of the actual plays, TC would have won.  Great breakdown of football. Turns out those plays won the game.  20-16 is the only stat that counts.

Yea it's that simple most high school teams can't over come two special team turnovers on their own side of the field and yea 20-16 is all that counts but don't act like a punt muff and a fumbled kickoff that FC player didn't caused either fumble both fumbles weren't force fumbles that made the difference in the game and also one TC b st players not being able to play offense 

On 8/28/2017 at 11:45 AM, RTD said:

FCS can't throw the ball if it's more than a bubble screen pass 

FC has not been a passing team in quite a while (maybe since Swindoll). It's not unusual to throw less than 5 passes in a game. They still have the 2 headed monster at QB (3 if you include #8 in Wildcat formation). Barring injury, that may not change this year. No clear difference in the 2 guys. I do think they have looked better in the passing game I've seen this year. And there is more talent at the receiver position. It may have just come down to what worked and what didn't last Friday. McNeal is the master of adapting the talent he has to the situation. 

side note - it showed a lot of class to take a knee on a bitter rival like TC. It could have been much worse. Hopefully these two teams won't get tired of playing each other for a while now.

1 hour ago, GeorgeBailey said:

FC has not been a passing team in quite a while (maybe since Swindoll). It's not unusual to throw less than 5 passes in a game. They still have the 2 headed monster at QB (3 if you include #8 in Wildcat formation). Barring injury, that may not change this year. No clear difference in the 2 guys. I do think they have looked better in the passing game I've seen this year. And there is more talent at the receiver position. It may have just come down to what worked and what didn't last Friday. McNeal is the master of adapting the talent he has to the situation. 

side note - it showed a lot of class to take a knee on a bitter rival like TC. It could have been much worse. Hopefully these two teams won't get tired of playing each other for a while now.

TC and FCS are hated rivals of each other but they respect each other at the end of the day as a TC fan and resident I have always respected FCS more than any private school TC has played especially NCS it's always exciting to watch battle on the field and the stundent section going back and forth showing the passion for each other school football program I hope the renew the contract after next year to play FCS I would love to see the game at neutral site and back on TV again it's always a great game and atmosphere when TC plays FCS 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeorgeBailey said:

I thought the one kid (#2?) had a pretty good arm and was throwing some really good looking balls.