Dobyns Bennett - Greeneville game video

BVDevil

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

DB fans may not like my  Devil bias but i thought some of the fans that didnt make the game might appreciate atleast some video from the game. Again DB fans, this video is from ONE Greene Devil fans perspective, take it as you want.

Good job ! I remember you asking if I heard the yell from the locker room.

Was hoping you had that controversial PI call on the video but I guess not.  BTW, a defensive back "getting in the way" of a receiver is not necessarily PI.  The DB has as much right to the ball as the WR, and it depends on where they are relative to the ball (position), whether the DB is playing the ball as opposed to simply trying to impede the WR, etc.  Just to use one example, if a DB backs up and runs down the sideline ahead of a WR, and then slows down to settle under the ball (just like a WR would), causing the WR to run into him as the ball arrives, you could say he "got in the way" of the WR, but that is definitely not defensive PI (it may well be offensive PI) because the DB had dominant position on the ball.  Anyway, I have no idea what happened on that play, but it is rare for Coach Clark to come out and flat say he thought they got a bad call on a specific play, and the DB radio guys went nuts over it (yes they are homers but they are also honest enough to say "we might have gotten away with one there" etc. if the situation warrants).  Thanks for the vid.

36 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Was hoping you had that controversial PI call on the video but I guess not.  BTW, a defensive back "getting in the way" of a receiver is not necessarily PI.  The DB has as much right to the ball as the WR, and it depends on where they are relative to the ball (position), whether the DB is playing the ball as opposed to simply trying to impede the WR, etc.  Just to use one example, if a DB backs up and runs down the sideline ahead of a WR, and then slows down to settle under the ball (just like a WR would), causing the WR to run into him as the ball arrives, you could say he "got in the way" of the WR, but that is definitely not defensive PI (it may well be offensive PI) because the DB had dominant position on the ball.  Anyway, I have no idea what happened on that play, but it is rare for Coach Clark to come out and flat say he thought they got a bad call on a specific play, and the DB radio guys went nuts over it (yes they are homers but they are also honest enough to say "we might have gotten away with one there" etc. if the situation warrants).  Thanks for the vid.

Probably was a bad call. But didn't effect the out come of the game. Mistakes and lack of defense is why DB lost.

7 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Probably was a bad call. But didn't effect the out come of the game. Mistakes and lack of defense is why DB lost.

Very true.  That was a huge call being on fourth down and would have given DB a chance to tie things up with good field position, but DB was its own worst enemy all night.

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We also have to remember that this is the ref's first live game since last year, so I can see where they might miss one like this.

This is no excuse.  They are paid to get it right, and there are plenty of scrimmage opportunities for the zebras to knock off the rust.  

BVD, best to stick with your commentary as a fan, or like a color analyst.  You do a good job of that from your perspective.  You may want to avoid talking about rules, however  I have do idea if the play in question was DPI or OPI, because I didn't see it.  But saying someone got in someones way and "that's the rule", is way off.

4 hours ago, Pudding said:

BVD, best to stick with your commentary as a fan, or like a color analyst.  You do a good job of that from your perspective.  You may want to avoid talking about rules, however  I have do idea if the play in question was DPI or OPI, because I didn't see it.  But saying someone got in someones way and "that's the rule", is way off.

Come on pudding,it's  great entertainment  and meant to show a little bias towards the Devils.Doesn't really matter about rules and getting everything "correct".Like saying Braveheart got it wrong because Wallace didn't really wear a kilt.Now if BVD  was getting paid a nice amount of money for his many hours to put together a vid like this ,I'd expect it to perfect like Batman's spelling.