Dobyns Bennett - Greeneville game video

BVDevil

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We will know more after the Oak Ridge game    in a couple of days.    If DB beats OR solidly then they have a chance of going 7-3

DB has a chance to go 14-1,better edit this and add what I know is coming.Yes ,they also have a chance to go......

Edited by BatmanDevil

Just now, BatmanDevil said:

DB has a chance to go 14-1,better edit this and add what I know is coming.Yes ,they also have a chance to go......

Used to be that 7-3 would be considered a losing season by most DB fans. Now we hope for a 7-3 season. We won't go 7-3 or 14-1, and it won't be somewhere in the middle. This team talent wise is probably in the top 5 in the past 20 years at DB. Go figure.

13 hours ago, DeeJay32 said:

In watching the play live and numerous times since, it is pretty clear that the DB defensive back was face guarding Greeneville 's receiver, and that is why the penalty was called.  I understand people are upset because the contact made by the defensive back was minimal, but face guarding without contact is a penalty at the high school level.  Rule 7-5-10-b, page 62 of the National Federation of State High School Associations reads:  “Any player who hinders an opponent’s vision without making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made … is forward pass interference.”

In other words, a high school defender must make a play on the ball – or at least be looking back at the ball – and not just throw his hands up and attempt to get in the way.  That is exactly what the DB cornerback did; he never looked back to attempt to make a play on the ball, but rather, put his hands up with his back to the QB.

While there might have been missed penalties in that game, this alleged pass interference was not one of them.

thanks for this DeeJay.....in essence, that rule backs up what i said in my video....." if you get in someones way, that pass interference, that's the rule ".....or something to that effect.

7 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Used to be that 7-3 would be considered a losing season by most DB fans. Now we hope for a 7-3 season. We won't go 7-3 or 14-1, and it won't be somewhere in the middle. This team talent wise is probably in the top 5 in the past 20 years at DB. Go figure.

My DB colors for this post , even though I will do it by habit from time to time.I told a friend working for DB on top of the press box that even though I was a Devil and wanted Greeneville to win for so many personal reasons,I just can't pull against those DB boys that I have known for so long.I was so proud of  many of those guys making huge plays ,but so mad at the same time about the players that were not with them and the stupid reasons for part of that.That could be huge as the year goes on.A few more strong athletes up front with speed on defense would have gave a great depth for pass rushing and stopping the run this year.A sure no miss D1 player ( 6'5'' 300 plus as a 9th grader}on that offensive line would have made it even bigger and better,plus added depth .The fastest player from this class could have been a deep threat on every play and a game changer on special teams.That all said,anyone that knows a little about the game or has eyes to see with,knows Friday was a game that there just is no excuse for if you are a dB fan,player,whatever.I know this can still be a great year for those boys,but against a DEEP team with a STRENGTH program like DB should have had,there is no room for mistakes and I hope for these young men it goes that way and this isn't 3 straight years of what the football happened and why wasn't it different.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:04 AM, DeeJay32 said:

In watching the play live and numerous times since, it is pretty clear that the DB defensive back was face guarding Greeneville 's receiver, and that is why the penalty was called.  I understand people are upset because the contact made by the defensive back was minimal, but face guarding without contact is a penalty at the high school level.  Rule 7-5-10-b, page 62 of the National Federation of State High School Associations reads:  “Any player who hinders an opponent’s vision without making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made … is forward pass interference.”

In other words, a high school defender must make a play on the ball – or at least be looking back at the ball – and not just throw his hands up and attempt to get in the way.  That is exactly what the DB cornerback did; he never looked back to attempt to make a play on the ball, but rather, put his hands up with his back to the QB.

While there might have been missed penalties in that game, this alleged pass interference was not one of them.

Wrong .... face guarding without contact is NOT a penalty this year.  Rule change this season.  Need to get a new rulebook like I did.  The high school rule follows closely to the college rule.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:09 PM, BVDevil said:

thanks for this DeeJay.....in essence, that rule backs up what i said in my video....." if you get in someones way, that pass interference, that's the rule ".....or something to that effect.

Well, DeeJay is wrong.  Face Guarding is allowed in high school now (again, rule change this season fellas), so evidently contact must have been made for the pass interference call.  

Guys, I didn't even see the play.  I'm just helping you out on the rule.  MOST people do not know what constitutes OPI and DPI, as displayed here.  Most people's information is outdated, just like DeeJay's.  Last year, DeeJay would have been correct.  This year he's incorrect.  Heck most people still think DPI is an automatic first down and OPI is loss of down. ...uh, no.  Wouldn't you like to know the real rule, so you all can at least argue it ...correctly?

(BTW, there's no friggin' "tackle box" for the high school QB to get out, to allow him to throw the ball away.  It's called Intentional Grounding.  Just another rule that most people yell and scream about, and haven't a clue.)

10 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

If the rule was changed this year, then I stand corrected. I was not aware of such change. With that said, I guess we all can agree that Greeneville should have lost the game. DB undoubtedly would have marched 70 yards to score and then won it in overtime. 

Hahaha nice sarcasm but I don't think anyone on the DB side was saying that, or was trying to take anything away from GHS, which has another very good team this year.  If (and I emphasize "if" as I didn't see the play) it was a bad call, it cost DB an opportunity to win late in the game, that's all.   GHS might have won anyway, but once that call was made the game was over.