north greene at cloudland

THE KING

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the Huskies don't pass every play and we can gain a Lil bit on the ground against their D, we be ok. Last Friday was as good as a Pass Defense practice game as we could've had. And even with turning the ball over as many times as we did and still coming out with a W was BIG. Great motivational, self confidence game that those young fellers needed. They never gave up even after having their backs against the wall almost every possession. But 80% of that comes from the Coaching staff and they just came through and kept digging. Not saying they are a State Championship Caliber team but that game could have a lot to do with how they play the rest of the year. They needed that big time. But that's why those young men play the game and it's all about Match-ups.  They  just gotta be physical and play with intensity and then see where they are at the end on Friday night against NG. Hope it's on the winning side tho. Who knows where #2 could be at this point if not Blowing out his shoulder and not playing the past 2 years. I know one thing that made for a fun and exciting game to watch Friday night. I'd say ole Luns heart took a lick in that game after it coming down to the last play to decide the outcome. 

Look for a good week of practice this week. Kids should be rearing to go. I,ll give this group some props,they come to work to get better every day. Can,t ask for anything more.Line should get some props after paving the way for over 400 yards against a bigger  bunch of kids.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Look for a good week of practice this week. Kids should be rearing to go. I,ll give this group some props,they come to work to get better every day. Can,t ask for anything more.Line should get some props after paving the way for over 400 yards against a bigger  bunch of kids.

Sounds like things are looking up for Cloudland and that's great to hear.

6 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Sounds like things are looking up for Cloudland and that's great to hear.

Mot a powerhouse Lawnman. Lots of work to do. I do think they will hold their own with most of the teams on the schedule.Man even fill a few seats as this goes along.

10 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Landers easy, they ran the most basic offense you can imagine last week. If you can defend an off tackle hand off. You're good to go. 

Agree with Creeker I actually went down to watch that one cause I thought the rangers had a chance to win. North Greene is down this year in numbers it looked to me. I thought Unaka had the better team just had those bad snaps early take that away and it would have been a different outcome.

3 hours ago, BULLRUSH said:

Agree with Creeker I actually went down to watch that one cause I thought the rangers had a chance to win. North Greene is down this year in numbers it looked to me. I thought Unaka had the better team just had those bad snaps early take that away and it would have been a different outcome.

Unaka was the more talented team imo, just way too many mistakes. They will be okay though if they keep working hard. Hopefully those kids realize it's going to be a marathon and not a sprint. They need to be the ones who change the culture.