Lipscomb Academy @ JPII

Football101101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SundayRivers said:

After seeing Lipscomb up close... how close were you?

I totally agree! JPII should handle the Mustangs. agree, JP2 wins

Lipscomb looked small in the trenches. see first answer again

To Ensworth, yes they may appear "small" but they have decent size for a High School team. Now how they are utilized is a totally different story. Watching the Wing-T is about as much fun as watching the grass grow. Their OC needs to be a little more creative with his play calling, even if it is out of the wing-t (see Knox Webb). One pass in the first half against a superior team is not going to cut it, hence a 21-0 halftime deficit this past Friday night. They just kept the clock running as much as possible before Ensworth hit 35 to keep the clock running. Unfortunate for the Lipscomb boys, who are much better than their performance/offense can display.

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

We (Webb) play Ensworth next week. It look a like it's gonna be hard to score in our w-ting if they shut down limpscombs. Any thoughts on the similarities between Webb and limpscomb? Should we expect a similar result? 

From what I saw with Lipscomb and what I have heard about Webb,... Webb's offense should be tougher to contain with the speed in the backfield.

18 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

We (Webb) play Ensworth next week. It look a like it's gonna be hard to score in our w-ting if they shut down limpscombs. Any thoughts on the similarities between Webb and limpscomb? Should we expect a similar result? 

Webb can probably get to the edge more often than Lipscomb was able to. Plus, Webb will at least throw a few wrinkle plays in with some passes. Should be a more competitive game than Lipscomb matchup vs Ensworth was.

8 minutes ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Webb can probably get to the edge more often than Lipscomb was able to. Plus, Webb will at least throw a few wrinkle plays in with some passes. Should be a more competitive game than Lipscomb matchup vs Ensworth was.

I'm not looking or thinking we will beat them but keeping it close would be great! 

16 hours ago, SundayRivers said:

How close???

I was on the chain crew on the Mustang sideline! So,.... Close enough to make my analysis.

Lipscomb is average sized upfront at best. They played with all that they had.

I hope they score a bunch this week!

Well that's about as close as you can get. You must be a large man to call them average sized. I was by the Lipscomb lineman during pre-game warmups and they looked above average for a High School team. I'm 6' 2" 300+ so I guess those taller kids are just that, taller...?? even though I thought I saw some decent meat on the bone. Other than Ensworth's 2 book end tackles on offense, I wouldn't say their guards and center were any bigger than Lipscomb's. Of course size is relative and you have to be able to execute regardless of that size. 

17 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Heard Lipscomb was not a great passing team so maybe that's why they didn't throw it?