McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

30 minutes ago, CMCGiLL said:

Been saving this for awhile now...This is for all you Rebel haters that bashed my son and said he would never see the field At Maryville, especially Coach Satterfield ,Coach Shad. 

2x State champ ( undefeated heading to 3rd!) Helped lead his team to victory over Alcoa with 26 carries 116 yards and earned player of the game 2019

junior season All State 6A running back (coach poll) 

All region 6A running back (1st team)

1,267 yards. 227 vs Farragut (school record)

capped off season with State championship 

senior season Undefeated so far knocking on a 1,000 yards now with 3 regular season games left. In the discussion for Mr.Football 6A. But most importantly to him this season means nothing without a ring. That’s all I have for now. Thanks to all the WB family who doubted him. You fueled his fire even more 

It’s been a pleasure watching #24 play ball. I might be selfish but I’m glad y’all made the move to 825 Lawrence! Go Red Rebels 

Edited by rebelwoman87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2017 at 12:52 PM, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Not really upset. 

Been saving this for awhile now...This is for all you Rebel haters that bashed my son and said he would never see the field At Maryville, especially Coach Satterfield ,Coach Shad. 

2x State champ ( undefeated heading to 3rd!) Helped lead his team to victory over Alcoa with 26 carries 116 yards and earned player of the game 2019

senior season Undefeated so far knocking on a 1,000 yards now with 3 regular season games left. In the discussion for Mr.Football 6A. But most importantly to him this season means nothing without a ring.That’s all I have for now. Thanks to all the WB family who doubted him. You fueled his fire even more 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CMCGiLL said:

Been saving this for awhile now...This is for all you Rebel haters that bashed my son and said he would never see the field At Maryville, especially Coach Satterfield ,Coach Shad. 

2x State champ ( undefeated heading to 3rd!) Helped lead his team to victory over Alcoa with 26 carries 116 yards and earned player of the game 2019

senior season Undefeated so far knocking on a 1,000 yards now with 3 regular season games left. In the discussion for Mr.Football 6A. But most importantly to him this season means nothing without a ring.That’s all I have for now. Thanks to all the WB family who doubted him. You fueled his fire even more 

I'm glad he's here, but why repeat your post or even feel the need to validate things? I'd say it's pretty obvious to anyone who questioned the move who came out on the better end of things. 

6 hours ago, CMCGiLL said:

Been saving this for awhile now...This is for all you Rebel haters that bashed my son and said he would never see the field At Maryville, especially Coach Satterfield ,Coach Shad. 

2x State champ ( undefeated heading to 3rd!) Helped lead his team to victory over Alcoa with 26 carries 116 yards and earned player of the game 2019

senior season Undefeated so far knocking on a 1,000 yards now with 3 regular season games left. In the discussion for Mr.Football 6A. But most importantly to him this season means nothing without a ring. That’s all I have for now. Thanks to all the WB family who doubted him. You fueled his fire even more 

Fillet Touch'e !

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I'm glad he's here, but why repeat your post or even feel the need to validate things? I'd say it's pretty obvious to anyone who questioned the move who came out on the better end of things. 

To be completely honest with you I did it because it makes me feel better. Honestly it’s just a handful of people that it is directed toward. Coaching staff at WB and a few boosters. Really the only two I respect from that organization is Scott Cupp and Justin Ridge. 

6 hours ago, CMCGiLL said:

Why are you quoting me? Someone made this thread originally to stir the pot. They were a Cleveland fan and didn't have any connection to WB or Maryville. I just said I wasn't that upset because it was already apparent that it was going to be a long year whether McGill stayed or left at that point. Plus I was dealing with my own problems that were bigger than high school football.  

I have actually spoken highly of McGill. I have been talking about how much he could have helped us the past two years all season.

Finally, I think you are exaggerating what was said. I think what people actually said is your son would have to wait to be a starter at Maryville when he could have been a four year starter at WB.  And that ended up being true. So why are you butthurt? You got what you wanted. Good luck the rest of the year. Maryville is going to need to play better than they have lately to win another championship.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

Oh, and I have one more question: Were the WB coaches and boosters supposed to be thrilled to lose one of their best players to one of their biggest rivals and a region opponent?  Believe it or not, we want to compete and win games too.  And yes, we would like to keep our in-zone players.  What do people expect? You do what you did and there are going to be bad feelings. It's just unavoidable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Oh, and I have one more question: Were the WB coaches and boosters supposed to be thrilled to lose one of their best players to one of their biggest rivals and a region opponent?  Believe it or not, we want to compete and win games too.  And yes, we would like to keep our in-zone players.  What do people expect? You do what you did and there are going to be bad feelings. It's just unavoidable.

Some-not all but some-of the fans of the 2 big dogs in that neighborhood act like other teams should feel happy they’re allowed to even be on the same field. 

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Some-not all but some-of the fans of the 2 big dogs in that neighborhood act like other teams should feel happy they’re allowed to even be on the same field. 

Yep. The thing is I get it. They hear county people talking about losing players and they feel like it is a slight to them because their kids work hard. The coaches and kids at Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback absolutely work hard and deserve their success, but that doesn't change the fact that the trend of kids leaving the county high schools hurts our football programs. That is just a fact.

9 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Yep. The thing is I get it. They hear county people talking about losing players and they feel like it is a slight to them because their kids work hard. The coaches and kids at Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback absolutely work hard and deserve their success, but that doesn't change the fact that the trend of kids leaving county high schools hurts us. That is just a fact.

And then people like Barneysox - a guy who claims he supports all the local schools - gets on here and takes pot shots at the county schools and how awful we are.  Hey Barney, WB made the playoffs without more than half a dozen good players that were playing at Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback last year.

There have been many discussions on this forum about why WB and Heritage aren't that good year to year. What I described above is the answer. That is all you need to know. We don't get to keep our players and yes we aren't happy about it. I don't want to hear another out of touch boomer go on about how consolidation killed the county schools. No, it didn't. The fact that the surrounding schools get our players hurts our chances to have success. Again, imagine adding half a dozen or more good players to a team that made the playoffs. They would have made a difference. End rant.

Maybe Mr.MaGill might share with everyone why they left WB since it's all out in the open right now and maybe you might learn something from a parents point of view. Not much to take a potshot at when your winning 6A Championships but I do give them a lot of grief over the concessions and the NFHS. My potshots at the county is to point the finger at why these two giant schools are not competitive. The only coach that has won there since modern times is Scott Meadows but because of a couple of butthurt people in charge there would rather cut their nose off to spite their face as to go get him back and put up with Vacation Shad is what keeps them down and always will. We always hear about the county kids going over to Maryville but you can't convince me in a hundred years of all those new Maryville Subdivisions a quarter mile from the front door of WB that they don't have a few kids on the team that live in those homes.

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe Mr.MaGill might share with everyone why they left WB since it's all out in the open right now and maybe you might learn something from a parents point of view. Not much to take a potshot at when your winning 6A Championships but I do give them a lot of grief over the concessions and the NFHS. My potshots at the county is to point the finger at why these two giant schools are not competitive. The only coach that has won there since modern times is Scott Meadows but because of a couple of butthurt people in charge there would rather cut their nose off to spite their face as to go get him back and put up with Vacation Shad is what keeps them down and always will. We always hear about the county kids going over to Maryville but you can't convince me in a hundred years of all those new Maryville Subdivisions a quarter mile from the front door of WB that they don't have a few kids on the team that live in those homes.

Well, you just said yourself that Meadows only saw WB as a temporary stop until he got something better. So why bring someone back who saw us as a temporary stop?