Cleveland Basketball violates rules

Gr8bballfan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, whoop said:

Cleveland high Assistant AD was coaching 8th graders and high school player in aau tournaments in March and April as the fast break select team. Major violation!

They would be allowed to coach 8th graders up to the point of graduation, but would not be allowed to coach any current HS player I don't believe. 

14 hours ago, baconbreath said:

Looks like the TSSAA will have a lot to say about this. I heard that CHS is 'self-reporting' this. Wonder how much of the 'facts' will be truly presented. They know the rules (or should know the rules) about this. If they don't then they need to have a new AD and girls' coaching staff this season. 

WOW just WOW! 

It is my understanding that the Cleveland High School Assistant AD coached more than one tournament that combined both upcoming 8th graders and current high school players.  The Fastbreak AAU club is lead by Cleveland's Head Girls Basketball Coach.  So, the Coach and Assistant AD either knew the rules and chose not to abide by them or did not know the rules at all.  Ignorance is not an excuse for not abiding by TSSAA rules.  Incoming players should be ineligible and program should be punished.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:13 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

They would be allowed to coach 8th graders up to the point of graduation, but would not be allowed to coach any current HS player I don't believe. 

I think your missing the point. They played 8th graders with high schoolers , together in tournaments and practices at Cleveland High school during March @ April . High school AD was coaching them. Who happens to be a former girls basketball coach at Cleveland. (Karen Hall). Plus her assistant was a Cleveland middle school basketball coach. A lot of coaches are watching to see what Benard Childress rules on this. If the punishment is light then get ready for many more coaches doing the same thing! In 2017 everyone knows you can't have your AD recruiting middle schoolers by mixing them with your high school players til the summer. Farther more the AD can't be Coaching kids that go to her school during the no practice time .We shall see what happens.

7 hours ago, MAD SCIENCE said:

I think your missing the point. They played 8th graders with high schoolers , together in tournaments and practices at Cleveland High school during March @ April . High school AD was coaching them. Who happens to be a former girls basketball coach at Cleveland. (Karen Hall). Plus her assistant was a Cleveland middle school basketball coach. A lot of coaches are watching to see what Benard Childress rules on this. If the punishment is light then get ready for many more coaches doing the same thing! In 2017 everyone knows you can't have your AD recruiting middle schoolers by mixing them with your high school players til the summer. Farther more the AD can't be Coaching kids that go to her school during the no practice time .We shall see what happens.

You are dead on MS. Good post!

On 8/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, MAD SCIENCE said:

Sure could set a precedent.