Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Science Hill doesn't have the defense to go past the third round. As soon as they run up against a team with a good defense they'll be toast.  It seams that the buddy system is used by DB and SH and that will always cost them in the long haul. It would be better if their buddies could coach defense but that's not the case here.

Speaking of defensive coaches.I really liked coach Watson.I can remember when one of mine was getting srwed  by being put at center as a junior, when he  didn't have that kind of size.He was the strongest player  and one of the faster players but not a frigging center.Caused him to give up football until coach Clark talked him into coming back .That's when coach Watson said to me, I found your boy a spot on defense,defensive end.I still knew he should be a full back but there was good ole boy politics involved with that.However,he was quick enough to make plays and get all conference and first team NET defensive lineman.I'm still greatful to coach Watson.Wish someone like him without any strings would have been around the last two or three years to help with the same stupid stuff.No doubt,DB would have had a bunch of depth and size instead of hoping nobody gets hurt.Thats the bed that was made,now the players have to overcome it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game being played week 3 takes away some of the excitement for the fans. The players will be fired up. Hope the atmosphere is like week 10 games. Probably won't because of weather and everything else going on. Praying for a safe and well played game. Pray for Texas. Amen. 

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I would have thought this thread would be 50 pages by now

Ha,the talking will come by the pages after the game.I'd say pretty ugly nomatter who wins the game .Wouldn't surprise me if it gets shut down.I bet that way over 5 or 6 pages and dry up like many of the 3a and 4a threads .I think the Greeneville thread has me and one other.. Not much to talk about in games like that.Next week the SH fans will probably be talking a little more but Im not saying a whole lot to fire them up this or next week.

4 hours ago, saluki86 said:

This game being played week 3 takes away some of the excitement for the fans. The players will be fired up. Hope the atmosphere is like week 10 games. Probably won't because of weather and everything else going on. Praying for a safe and well played game. Pray for Texas. Amen. 

good post,I don't think there will be as big a home crowd because of the weather and plus  I know I keep getting tickets from people that just are not going rain or shine.I've got to work,so I won't be there either.Hope its updated on here by either fan base.Game day now.Roll Tribe

Edited by BatmanDevil

wow, im really shocked at the lack of interest in this game on here....i think i have it figured out though.  I think the DB fans are still stinging over getting a pitchfork stuck in their hineys and I think the topper fans are too focused on what in the world their boys are going to do next week when faced with the task of playing the mighty Greene Team from Greeneville. I know if I were a Topper fan, that's what I would be worried about.....hehe....still thinking hard about going up there for this one, but this is also a good chance for me to just kick back and watch Greenevilles freshman get some playing time in a varsity game

1 minute ago, toppernationfan said:

Its game-day Topper Nation. Lets show up loud & proud tonight in Kingsport tonight. Lets get behind this team and support them at every game. 62-24 final with Adams & Watterson with big nights.

WOW really? thats an awful lot of scoring against some big ole boys toppernation. I think you guys will win but i expect a very tight ball game but what do i know, i also thought MoWest would give my Devils a good game too.

20 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

This will be DB's first test for both sides of the line as well as pushing their speed guys to the max.I'm not saying SH is a state champion team at this point but I feel they do have a good amount of 6A talent and some fine coaches.A great chance to see which program is doing the most with what they have been given.The rain may have a effect on one or both teams.Got a feeling this could also just be round one ,who knows.

batman i dont usually disagree with you much, but i got to call BS on this one bro...." a good amount of 6a talent "....what the H...E double hockey sticks  does classification have to do with "talent"....all classification really has to do with is numbers. By your logic, the "talent" at SH is better than the "talent" at alcoa or fulton, or catholic or even Greeneville for that matter. I think you might need to explain your thinking here sir, or next time i see you, i will be forced to crush you in a game of " find the hottest mom in the crowd ".....( might have crossed a line with that one, but I'll take my punishment if so}

19 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

batman i dont usually disagree with you much, but i got to call BS on this one bro...." a good amount of 6a talent "....what the H...E double hockey sticks  does classification have to do with "talent"....all classification really has to do with is numbers. By your logic, the "talent" at SH is better than the "talent" at alcoa or fulton, or catholic or even Greeneville for that matter. I think you might need to explain your thinking here sir, or next time i see you, i will be forced to crush you in a game of " find the hottest mom in the crowd ".....( might have crossed a line with that one, but I'll take my punishment if so}

Now that sounds like a fun game. I may wanna come participate. Good luck to everyone tonight and prayers for a safe game.

Talent is talent but  to compete at the 6A level you have to have  depth and talent at almost every position.    You  have a few outliers like Greeneville and Fulton (I don't count Catholic as a public school) who have 6A talent most years but are playing in a lower division.   That is why they compete for championships every year.   But to compete with the 6A schools especially in Middle and West Tennessee (and Maryville), you better have size and speed or you have no chance. 

I think SH does have a lot of talent this year.  The QB has been playing at a very high level since the middle of the season last year.  His accuracy throwing the ball has improved and of course he can really run.  A lot of talent at Running back as well and the O line is big.   They need to cut back on the penalties.

DB game plan has got to be to try and slow the game down and grind it out with their big O line.   Of course, Coach Clark is always full of surprises so who knows.