Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

3 minutes ago, tnreb said:

Talent is talent but  to compete at the 6A level you have to have  depth and talent at almost every position.    You  have a few outliers like Greeneville and Fulton (I don't count Catholic as a public school) who have 6A talent most years but are playing in a lower division.   That is why they compete for championships every year.   But to compete with the 6A schools especially in Middle and West Tennessee (and Maryville), you better have size and speed or you have no chance. 

I think SH does have a lot of talent this year.  The QB has been playing at a very high level since the middle of the season last year.  His accuracy throwing the ball has improved and of course he can really run.  A lot of talent at Running back as well and the O line is big.   They need to cut back on the penalties.

DB game plan has got to be to try and slow the game down and grind it out with their big O line.   Of course, Coach Clark is always full of surprises so who knows.

yah i gotcha bud. I dont know if you posted this because of my reply to batman, but if so, I was really pretty much just giving him the business a little because we are brothers. I actually understood exactly what he was saying, I just wanted to try to make him defend his comment because after all the abuse he gave me when we were younger, I feel obligated to take any and every shot at him I can, whether its deserved or not...LOL. But you pretty much nailed it here. Bottom line is pretty simple. The team with the most talent USUALLY always wins in HS football. Not always the case in college and especially in the NFL, but at this level, as you well know, if you dont have the talent to match up against your opponent, your odds of pulling the upset are alot less likely. I do feel like in some instances though at this level, if its a heated rivalry such as this one, the team with the lesser talent does atleast have a punchers chance of pulling off the upset. I honestly dont know enough about either of these teams to say who has the most talent. I guess it just depends on who you ask. I also know I will find out next friday just exactly how talented the toppers are for sure and have already found  out that DB is better than I thought they were gona be coming into the year. There is ONE think I can say with 100 percent certainty and that is that Union county has ZERO chance of pulling the upset tonight here. Hope everyone has a good fun safe injury free game tonight.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

yah i gotcha bud. I dont know if you posted this because of my reply to batman, but if so, I was really pretty much just giving him the business a little because we are brothers. I actually understood exactly what he was saying, I just wanted to try to make him defend his comment because after all the abuse he gave me when we were younger, I feel obligated to take any and every shot at him I can, whether its deserved or not...LOL. But you pretty much nailed it here. Bottom line is pretty simple. The team with the most talent USUALLY always wins in HS football. Not always the case in college and especially in the NFL, but at this level, as you well know, if you dont have the talent to match up against your opponent, your odds of pulling the upset are alot less likely. I do feel like in some instances though at this level, if its a heated rivalry such as this one, the team with the lesser talent does atleast have a punchers chance of pulling off the upset. I honestly dont know enough about either of these teams to say who has the most talent. I guess it just depends on who you ask. I also know I will find out next friday just exactly how talented the toppers are for sure and have already found  out that DB is better than I thought they were gona be coming into the year. There is ONE think I can say with 100 percent certainty and that is that Union county has ZERO chance of pulling the upset tonight here. Hope everyone has a good fun safe injury free game tonight.

However brother,the biggest defeats that I've watched DB have were nothing to do with talent.Dad called at the half a few years ago and said DB has that game ,'' up 28-0 on Sevier County " , who should they have next week.I was at J fred and said dad , this game isn't over yet,if there is a way to lose a playoff game , they will find it.That next week was basketball practice.Tonight's game isn't a playoff game and it is raining,I'm not counting the Tribe out because I know they also have some great talent.I'm not excited about next week for the Devils but know it can help in the long run where it counts and who knows how it will play out.