(10)Lake Co at (1)Dresden

shockernation

Well Dresden are the champs until dethroned...should be tons of talk on this thread all week! Better get LC this week because the next few years and possibly playoffs LC has one of those SPECIAL GROUPS "growing up"...one of those groups of kids like Dresden had last year! Tonight I'd pick Dresden! We'll see how the week goes! Expect a great game next Friday 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Dresden had a tough time with a very average Westview and Scotts Hill team. Still dont think Lake Co has the coaching to be successful. Dont think cooaching matters in high school football? Just look at the teams that win state titles. Great coaches

In my opinion LC has just as good of coaching of any 1A team in West TN. I don't understand why you keep saying that. Sometimes it's the Jimmie and Joe's. LC hasn't had enough of those in Coach Puckett tenure. They do now with most of the talent in the sophomore class. So we will see in the next few years. The LC coaching staff in my opinion is very underrated. Dresden has a first year coach and out of all schools in region 7A their is not a coaching staff any better. 

I was down on the coach myself last 2 years going for first downs on like 4th and 22 and not even be close to midfeld,not putting a punt returner back on punts and watch the ball roll 20 more yards that what it zhould have been.This year he has punt returns ,not having to gamble on those long yardage situations as LC is stronger this year and shouldnt be in tbose situations.So Im assuming he did those things,knowing they were so young last year and had to gamble and didnt want to fumble on punts.Like shocker said, just didnt have the athletes to be judged as a good coach around the area.Maybe its cauze he was a lineman and Im thinking coming from  Greenfield that people are kinda weighing on things. With that. Im with Shocker now that I see he has talent.Officials were throwing a lot of flags against LC.against Gc.After the first quarter,tbought LC settled down.Played pretty  well the 3rd quarter.I thought GC looked improved from years past.Looking for a good game Friday night.That should be a gauge of how far LC has come and maybe how far they still need to  come.Most of us know LC is a year away from maybe something special but Im ok with what Ive seen this year..LC has some weapons.QB can run with some power and going to get better.So we will see Friday night.

Edited by mrbigster

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I was down on the coach myself last 2 years going for first downs on like 4th and 22 and not even be close to midfeld,not putting a punt returner back on punts and watch the ball roll 20 more yards that what it zhould have been.This year he has punt returns ,not having to gamble on those long yardage situations as LC is stronger this year and shouldnt be in tbose situations.So Im assuming he did those things,knowing they were so young last year and had to gamble and didnt want to fumble on punts.Like shocker said, just didnt have the athletes to be judged as a good coach around the area.Maybe its cauze he was a lineman and Im thinking coming from  Greenfield that people are kinda weighing on things. With that. Im with Shocker now that I see he has talent.Officials were throwing a lot of flags against LC.against Gc.After the first quarter,tbought LC settled down.Played pretty  well the 3rd quarter.I thought GC looked improved from years past.Looking for a good game Friday night.That should be a gauge of how far LC has come and maybe how far they still need to  come.Most of us know LC is a year away from maybe something special but Im ok with what Ive seen this year..LC has some weapons.QB can run with some power and going to get better.So we will see Friday night.

I got the Falcons but it may be closing than some think. Being played at Dresden!

Dresden is an above average 1A team and this year is a good year to be above average in 1A.  An above average team can be playing in the semifinals.  Their freshman QB played great last night.  His passes seem to float but he is an excellent runner.  They  still have some playmakers although one left game early last night.  I look for them to handle Lake Co this week especially if they don't account for our QB.

18 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Dresden is an above average 1A team and this year is a good year to be above average in 1A.  An above average team can be playing in the semifinals.  Their freshman QB played great last night.  His passes seem to float but he is an excellent runner.  They  still have some playmakers although one left game early last night.  I look for them to handle Lake Co this week especially if they don't account for our QB.

LC is one of those above average teams! Our QB is a soph who just transferred back from Dyersburg and is getting used to a new system...he's a hoss of a young man! Should be interesting with both teams pointing toward young QBs to lead their team...if the game comes down to best QB then I'll take LC and Snyder...but we know it's for sure gonna be a good one