A hurting Riverdale takes on Siegel with an attitude

Blaze45

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/31/2017 at 6:52 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Siegel's downfall has always been it's Line play.  They ALL have had to play both ways and it gets them beat.  If they ever get a couple complete lines on both sides of the ball they will be a threat.  New Coach has not had time to correct that yet.

That is an area I worry about with Blackman.  If their HC doesn't mind his lines any better than he did in the past, it WILL be a problem for them also.

R'dale line's this year have me worried also.  WAY too many kids having to play both ways on every team in the county.

You realize no one on Riverdale's Offensive Line plays Defense and no one in Defensive Front 7 plays offense? http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/31/riverdale-football-offensive-line-rushing-goal-if-we-hit-300-yards-we-go-out-and-eat/616991001/

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

David what worries me about R'dale's lines is that there are NOT more of them.  Remember I go back to the days of Rankin having 6 O-lines and at least 4 D-lines.  ALL of which were as strong as young bulls.

The second sentence was aimed mostly at the rest of the county.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about Blackman or Oakland . Blackman has 3-4 deep at the line position that I have seen working multiple positionsons on the line .  Line play is where the games are won and lost on the offensive side of the ball. Right now I think we have done a good job creating lanes for Master teague to run through.  Only played 8 qtrs of footbal l and has over 530 yards rushing. I guess we will see if the rest of the county can hold up, I think we will likely be ok though. 

Edited by Blaze45