Powder Keg - Sycamore versus Cheatham County

midtnmale

While in Ashland City this past Wednesday, I saw an actual billboard for the game between Sycamore and Cheatham County. I didn't even know that the rivalry had a name until I saw the sign. Seems to me that a rivalry that big should have some talk on this board. I don't know much about this year's teams but based on their common opponent (Hunters Lane) I'm going with the Cubs in a two touchdown victory.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically a great game and a great rivalry.  This will be the 17th installment. Sycamore holds the all-time lead at 9 games to 7.  

2001:  Sycamore

2002:  Sycamore

2003:  Cheatham

2004:  Sycamore

2005:  Cheatham

2006:  Sycamore

2007:  Sycamore 

2008:  Cheatham

2009:  Sycamore

2010:  Cheatham

2011:  Sycamore

2012:  Cheatham

2013:  Cheatham

2014:  Sycamore

2015:  Sycamore

2016:  Cheatham 

How many yards did cheatham have? I don't feel like Sycamore got "pushed back" for a majority of the game. I don't recall reading about the QB or RB as being one of the top performers this week. I think 2 had a few good runs, but I don't recall anything too impressive. I think Sycamore catching balls and holding on to balls offensively makes this a great game. Couple of wide open TD's dropped.