3. Huntingdon (1) 3-0 115 3
4. Greenback (1) 3-0 112 4
5. Wayne County 3-0 88 5
6. Whitwell 3-0 75 6
7. Coalfield 3-0 57 7
8. Fayetteville (1) 3-0 51 8
9. Cloudland 2-0 29 10
10. Lake County 2-1 10 9
Others receiving 12 or more points: None.

Edited by TheAmbassador

18 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ambassador's Class 1A Rankings

1. Huntingdon
2. Wayne County
3. Coalfield
4. Greenback 
5. South Pittsburg
6. Dresden
7. Lake County
8. Whitwell
9. Fayetteville
10. Cornersville

Nope Dresden is #1 until beaten. Huntingdon will learn alot in a couple weeks when the big bad Milan Bulldogs roll into Paul Ward Stadium. If the Mustangs win that game I like their chances at running the table

7 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Nope Dresden is #1 until beaten. Huntingdon will learn alot in a couple weeks when the big bad Milan Bulldogs roll into Paul Ward Stadium. If the Mustangs win that game I like their chances at running the table

Just a difference of opinion. That's like people putting SP at 1 in 2008 and 2011 after we won it all the year before. The year before means nothing to me. I guess I'm like college football. Clemson wasn't ranked 1 this year to start just because they won it last season. 

3 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Dresden was #1 last season, unquestionably. This season is different, and if I'm voting in a poll I vote them in order that I think they would finish in a round robin tournament. Gordonsville won it all a few years back, and started the poll at #1 next season, even though they graduated all but two starters, which I thought was ridiculous. Do you think that Huntingdon would be favored right now on a neutral field against Dresden? If you answer yes to that question your post above is a direct contradiction.

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Dresden was #1 last season, unquestionably. This season is different, and if I'm voting in a poll I vote them in order that I think they would finish in a round robin tournament. Gordonsville won it all a few years back, and started the poll at #1 next season, even though they graduated all but two starters, which I thought was ridiculous. Do you think that Huntingdon would be favored right now on a neutral field against Dresden? If you answer yes to that question your post above is a direct contradiction.

That's how I feel as well. 

I haven't seen Dresden play. I know they lost a great group of seniors. I know Lake Co gave them all they wanted. I have seen Huntingdon play 3 games this year only being challenged once. Milan game will be a huge test in 3 weeks. Polls are just for people to talk about. As long as our boys stay healthy I like their chances every week

22 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I haven't seen Dresden play. I know they lost a great group of seniors. I know Lake Co gave them all they wanted. I have seen Huntingdon play 3 games this year only being challenged once. Milan game will be a huge test in 3 weeks. Polls are just for people to talk about. As long as our boys stay healthy I like their chances every week

You avoided the question. The short answer is yes, Huntingdon would be favored in the game, which says that they should be placed ahead of Dresden in a poll.

I agree that rankings and polls are just for conversation, but why even bother with them if you don't believe what you're putting out there? Nobody is ever going to release a poll in week one that would be considered accurate at season's end, and I don't have as much of a problem with dropping a team for losing to a "better"(higher ranked, or bigger classification) opponent, but I don't like it when pollsters drop a team for losing such a game beneath another, then adding that they still think that the team they have lower would beat the higher ranked team...just put them in the order that you think they'd finish head to head.