Springfield at White House

JacketLover

The Jackets travel up the road to face the Blue Devils in a game that has region implications as well as being a local rivalry. Springfield is coming off of its most complete game of the season having beaten Station Camp 39-26 in a game that wasn't as close as the score would indicate. White House is undefeated but they really haven't played a formidable opponent yet having beaten East Robertson, Glencliff, and Hunters Lane. Hopefully weather will not be a factor Friday night. I look for Springfield to continue their recent success over the Blue Devils and win by a couple of touchdowns at least. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House is doing better than the last couple of seasons (It's hard not to). But their three wins are pretty much fool's gold. None of the teams they've played so far has had a winning season in years.  We'll see if BDP is back after playing Springfield.

Honestly, Region 5 is weak. Springfield and Greenbrier are the only two teams likely to win in the first round of the playoffs.

2 hours ago, midtnmale said:

White House is doing better than the last couple of seasons (It's hard not to). But their three wins are pretty much fool's gold. None of the teams they've played so far has had a winning season in years.  We'll see if BDP is back after playing Springfield.

Honestly, Region 5 is weak. Springfield and Greenbrier are the only two teams likely to win in the first round of the playoffs.

All true

16 hours ago, midtnmale said:

tbh I don't think they would have won them first 3 games least year. I think the past district was killing WH. Now they can spread there wings again.

Edited by FBfan26

WH wins have come against teams that have won 8 games combined the last 2 years, but they have won and won big. 

I think the Devils keep it close for a quarter, but eventually the Jackets speed will tell.  I say this one will be similar to WHH score.  I'll go with 35-7 Jackets.

On 9/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, JacketLover said:

The Jackets travel up the road to face the Blue Devils in a game that has region implications as well as being a local rivalry. Springfield is coming off of its most complete game of the season having beaten Station Camp 39-26 in a game that wasn't as close as the score would indicate. White House is undefeated but they really haven't played a formidable opponent yet having beaten East Robertson, Glencliff, and Hunters Lane. Hopefully weather will not be a factor Friday night. I look for Springfield to continue their recent success over the Blue Devils and win by a couple of touchdowns at least. 

This game will tell us whether or not White House is really back.  I think we can win this game, but it won't be easy.  It worries me a little bit that the starters haven't played an entire game yet because It will take them all 4 quarters to beat Springfield.  I hope both teams show up to play Friday because win or lose I am hype about this game.  I expect a "same old White House" chant at midfield after this one! 

White House will be the beneficiary of a very very weak schedule.  This region is not very good this year and the non-region schedule is worse. The three opponents they've played so far are terrible. 

I'll go with Springfield big in this one, bringing White House back to reality.

Remember kids, scheduling is the number one rule to success. 

3 hours ago, eers said:

White House will be the beneficiary of a very very weak schedule.  This region is not very good this year and the non-region schedule is worse. The three opponents they've played so far are terrible. 

I couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, eers said:

Agreed, the schedule is weak but after missing the playoffs for the first time in over 20 years and then going 0-10 porter had to do something.  The kids can't control that though, all they can do is come out and play and that's what they've done.  They dominated all three of those games and they were over after the 1st quarter.  We'll see how they do against a good Springfield team.