Davidson Academy vs Goodpasture

Gville

This game should  be a good one. These two teams traditionally don't play in high school as they fight for same players on the north side of town being only about 5 miles apart or less. However, Davison looks to be on a roll and the favorite in this game according to their record. Or has GCS turn the corner in their first win of the season. Thoughts???? 

Also could a win by either school be a draw for kids to come play in their program?  With their only being two options for D2 in North Nashville. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DA is the favorite here but GCS could be a sleeper. I'm hearing they have a number of players eligible now that have not yet played this season. I think GCS will have to throw the ball better than they have so far to win. They will also have to contend with the dynamic RB from DA along with the potent passing game. This game should be pretty competitive and entertaining. I imagine the atmosphere and crown will be great.

15 to 7 Davison academy. #3 Stone Norton with the long pass right before halftime. To break a stalemate of punts after two open drives for scores by both teams. Also Davison with a trick play for two point conversion. GCS look to have the run game going. However top two running back's were not in the last two series of the first half.  It's going to be interesting to see how this game progresses.

What's happened to GP? I think everyone believed they would have a very good season and every loss has at least been by 21 points. On top of that they haven't been competitive in any of those losses. 

Nobody saw this coming so this is shocking. Too many kids in that school not to have better results. Especially against the smaller D2A teams they've played. Any insight on what's caused this?

Lots of good people their too, like Sonn and Deering. Best of luck!

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

What's happened to GP? I think everyone believed they would have a very good season and every loss has at least been by 21 points. On top of that they haven't been competitive in any of those losses. 

Nobody saw this coming so this is shocking. Too many kids in that school not to have better results. Especially against the smaller D2A teams they've played. Any insight on what's caused this?

Lots of good people their too, like Sonn and Deering. Best of luck!

GCS has had poor line play and no real playmakers. Not gonna complete very well with that mixture. They are up against very stiff competition in DII-AA and their out of District schedule has been brutal to say the least. They will go 0-3 this year vs DII-A and are solidly heading for a 1-9 season. Next year does not look to be a whole lot better either when you look at the roster. #5 has been a bright spot since he returned from injury but they need some other kids to step up or transfer in. GCS is in a lot of trouble for the foreseeable future. They do have Sonn and basketball tho.

So true!  I agree they are looking at a 1–10 season. Because they will make the playoffs with thier win over Lipscomb. GCS offense line is less than average. However, these are the same kids that started last year. The difference is GCS had probably the fastest kid on the field for every team they played last year #6. This year is a different story lack of edge players and skilled players. And 9 new starters on the defense. This year team seem to be getting out coached it not all on the players.

1 hour ago, Gville said:

So true!  I agree they are looking at a 1–10 season. Because they will make the playoffs with thier win over Lipscomb. GCS offense line is less than average. However, these are the same kids that started last year. The difference is GCS had probably the fastest kid on the field for every team they played last year #6. This year is a different story lack of edge players and skilled players. And 9 new starters on the defense. This year team seem to be getting out coached it not all on the players.

I'm not gonna assess coaches on here. Not my place and not sure I'm equipped to do that in any regard. I will say GCS is a pretty bad team. They don't really do anything especially well. I see a lot of L's in their future the rest of this year and next. Who knows beyond that. They must get some players in there if they are gonna compete. They are currently 0-3 vs DII-A teams and have been embarrassed each of those games. Combined score in those 3 L's is 20-104. That is unacceptable considering they are playing down.