Dropped programs -Any confirmed casualties this year ?

maj

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In West TN:

• Ridgeway (AAA) is resurrecting their program which has been inactive for the last two-three years
  • Both of Southwind's (AAA) coaches left; however, their Athletic Director told me that they hired a new coach but he did not give a name
  • St. George's (D-II) is only program I know that has not hired a new coach for this season, but I believe their athletic director is wanting to find one

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, maj said:

I can think of at least 2 in east TN that have been circling the drain for a few years that will likely get the final flush this season. Any more in middle or west TN ?

I haven't seen anything official but my guess is both McMinn county  and Greenback wrestling programs will cease to exist this year. Greenback has been struggling for the last couple of years and McMinn has been on life support for decades. Neither school has much if any support from it's administration.

14 hours ago, maj said:

I haven't seen anything official but my guess is both McMinn county  and Greenback wrestling programs will cease to exist this year. Greenback has been struggling for the last couple of years and McMinn has been on life support for decades. Neither school has much if any support from it's administration.

Coach Stoika is coming back to McMinn this year after announcing his retirement last year and they started a middle school team last year but yes once Stoika leaves they have to find a coach or the program will be done I would think. I truly think that they could have a successful program but there has to be support from the admin for that to happen. 

8 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Coach Stoika is coming back to McMinn this year after announcing his retirement last year and they started a middle school team last year but yes once Stoika leaves they have to find a coach or the program will be done I would think. I truly think that they could have a successful program but there has to be support from the admin for that to happen. 

Is McMinn County where the great Shazon Bradley won a couple of state titles at heavyweight?